1995 SC - Brake Pedal Pulsating sometimes

1qwik99

Hello all,

1995 SC A/T, brake question. Every once in a while, usually when cold but not always, when I am slowing down or at a slow speed and I apply the brakes the pedal pulsates a bit. I have changed the brake fluid and bled the brakes twice. Once by vacuum bleed, then again using a gravity bleed. The front pads and rotors were replaced by the dealer 7 years and about 3K miles ago. The pads do not screech nor does the car pull to either side when braking. I have had the car for just over 2 years now and have only put 2k miles on her.

Any ideas?

I would guess the ABS is getting a signal that the wheel was stopped rotating so it releases pressure on the calipers. I would take each wheel off & inspect the proximity sensors on the hubs & make sure they are clean & have the proper gap.

Thanks, I had not thought of that. Do you know what the gap should be on the proximity sensors?

ABS problem

Rather than remove the wheels tires and calipers now, I decided to pull the ABS fuse and test the system. I ran the car around without the ABS fuse and that seems to be the problem so I will now remove those items and try to clean and re-gap the speed sensors.

Thanks, Rick

Sweet ride man...I guess you added the wing on the back? My wife really wants me to add one but I have been fighting it because I want to keep her totally stock for posterity.

Sweet ride man...I guess you added the wing on the back? My wife really wants me to add one but I have been fighting it because I want to keep her totally stock for posterity.

Well if I remember correctly, the wing was an option. My SC has one, and it has the "FORD" logo stamped on it. I gotta admit that at first I didn't want an SC with the wing, but I really do like it.
Oh, and those red LED's are super bight!!!! Plus it helps that they all still work! :D

Hello all,

1995 SC A/T, brake question. Every once in a while, usually when cold but not always, when I am slowing down or at a slow speed and I apply the brakes the pedal pulsates a bit. I have changed the brake fluid and bled the brakes twice. Once by vacuum bleed, then again using a gravity bleed. The front pads and rotors were replaced by the dealer 7 years and about 3K miles ago. The pads do not screech nor does the car pull to either side when braking. I have had the car for just over 2 years now and have only put 2k miles on her.

Any ideas?

The sensor and ring can and will accumulate brake dust and debri over time. I would suggest using brake cleaner and cleaning the ring hug and the sensor.

Back