Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Tuning the twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by SCrazy View Post
    That's got to put a smile on your face!!!!
    This morning I ran it up the street a few times. Tried to power brake it. At 2500 rpm tires broke loose so I let off the brake soon after that. Boost comes on real fast and hit 18lbs of boost around 4500. At that point tires were spinning so hard the rear was kicking out and I let out of it. I have not gone past that at the moment as my AFR gauge decided to quit. I am trying to get some time on the dyno to recheck the AFR and see how the numbers have changed. I am running out of time quick. The car is filth dirty and need to be buffed out and waxed. This year is going just to fast. The power is far more violent than the whipple once boost is hit. Will be interesting what it feel like at 6300 rpm. Yes I am smiling now

Ken

93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

That's awesome Ken. You deserve it with all of your hard work!!! Sounds like a beast!!

Ken,

Looking forward to seeing you and the car at the Shootout next month. I'm sure it will look and run great.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by David Neibert View Post
    Ken,

Looking forward to seeing you and the car at the Shootout next month. I'm sure it will look and run great.

David
    Will be limited to 18lbs of boost which it is making on the street. The shootout will give me an oppertunity to see how poor it launches or good. I can than decided on how to work on that. Looks like my options are the manual valve body you told me about. A two step setup to launch and of course a working boost controller to dial up the boost. But for now I want to just have some fun having a running car to race and hang out with the crowd. Got to get off my duff and register tonight

Ken

I'll be doing my shake down passes at the shootout too Ken so there will be two guys at least more worried about dialing in than winning races lol
    Making woosh sounds since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by neverfastenough View Post
    I'll be doing my shake down passes at the shootout too Ken so there will be two guys at least more worried about dialing in than winning races lol
    We will have some fun for sure. Need to see if I can get some training on the Quarter horse. Looking forward to seeing all

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by kenewagner View Post
    Will be limited to 18lbs of boost which it is making on the street. The shootout will give me an oppertunity to see how poor it launches or good. I can than decided on how to work on that. Looks like my options are the manual valve body you told me about. A two step setup to launch and of course a working boost controller to dial up the boost. But for now I want to just have some fun having a running car to race and hang out with the crowd. Got to get off my duff and register tonight

Ken
    OOoOOoO, Ken, you can get some stronger springs in those bad boys! One thing you can do is get a 2-step and use a brake switch to activate it.

On a side note, I'm sure the car is nice and quick, but your dyno numbers won't necessarily change if your boost doesn't. So my last post was leaning towards power making, but you might as well use the track as the real dyno. It's always the best bet. I'm sure you'll be plenty happy
    Last edited by CMac89; 09-09-2014 at 08:35 AM.
    1994 SC
    4.5L Twin Turbo SVO
    Project GTFD