Sunroof drain lines

PROJECTMAYHEM21

How do I access the front ones? Thought it might have been clogged but its not, its either pinched or disconnected, has anyone run into this? Pictures would be great.

I know they run down the a pillerthrew the floor and out behind the front wheel. Their is a plastick cover over the pinch welds at the verry front right before wheel wells start. Had dripping issue inside due to a sunroof seal that shrunk. Their is alot easyer way to pull sunroof out with out oulling whole tot off

I'd guess cutting it off would be near trivial - it's getting it back on that might not be so easy.

The headliner has got to come down in order to access the drain lines, it a pain for sure.
If you think it might just be clogged you can take compressed air with a long nozzle air blower and try to unclog the drain by blowing air in it from the top.
It's worked for me in the past. If you really think it's disconnected or pinched it's a whole lotta work.

.. try to unclog the drain by blowing air in it from the top.

Good tip, that.

Best not to try it from the drain exit point as you risk dumping years of gunk onto the seats...don't ask how I know. I ended up probing them clear with a piece of brazing rod.

Back