need help! tackling a lot at once! power seats....

Zcdef

So I have the complete dash removed from my 95 5spd sc. I am replacing my dash skin and fixing some damaged wiring.

I'm also pulling my carpet to power wash it as it is horribly stained from the previous owner. I have half the harness out of the car and I need to move the driver side power seat. Is there a secret to this, or should I look forward to putting some power to the seat?

If I need to power the seat, I would appreciate an idea on where to put the power.

Thanks everyone! :)

You can access the main connector for the seat pretty easily with the seat in the car. Unplug it, and use a jump box if you have it and a couple jumper wires to put power and ground to it, then you should be able to move the seat.

Solved

Ok! I ended up getting it done. I'm going to post how I did it just so other people can maybe find this later.

Problem: All the wiring is out of the car, the power seat is stuck back as there is no power, you can't unbolt the seat because it is blocking the bolts.

Solution: pull the side switch panel off the seat (four screws), with the switch plug exposed take a screw driver and gentle pry the switch plug off the switch pins while holding the two small clips out. Take a few long wires and attach them to a 12 volt battery. With the plug exposed, you will want to find a red with white wire, and a yellow with white wire. Touch your battery wires to these wires These two wires run to a reversible motor that controls the forward and backwards motion. By reversing the polarity (flipping the + and -) you can reverse the direction of the motor.

Ta-da!

Back