And the fun ends abruptly....

Prior Reman still does them, last I checked. Possibly SIA. Cardone does them, but it might only be for entire MC and pump units. There's a guy on eBay who advertises a rebuild for Jag motors, but he will do other cars as well.

The motor is just a motor, though it has odd brush holders. The pump is a bit unusual.

Those 30 amp fuses should be in your local Pep Boys or whatever. I had no trouble finding one, though they look slightly different.

You will need to swap the fuse, turn the key on, and see what is going on. Report back.

Thx for all the info, appreciated.

I sent a PM to Ed so hopefully he has a hook up on the motor rebuild, I have a M/C unit that is good with a pressure switch on it so between all the parts I'll hopefully have whatever is needed should that be the case...

Looks like the car needs a new ABS pump motor...Fuse is replaced and there's good current there, Relays check out good, fluid reservoir is full, no motor activity.

Sent a PM to Ed a few days ago, no response.

Anyone have any leads on a rebuilder or a rebuilt unit, anyone have one for sale?

TIA

Last edited:
The pump motor from Adam's car is the one in mine RJ, my original went bad a few years back and I swapped the entire M/C from the parts car then, everything but the accumulator, which i bought new at the time.

Got the car back home and guess what?

They told me they just removed the exhaust shield because they couldn't get it to stop rattling, geez...and on the way home I heard the rattle right away, definitely can tell now it's coming from the driver's side pipe between the cat and the resonator, because I could get my leg under and kick the pipe with the engine off and hear the rattle. So...they just didn't really want to bother diagnosing it right I guess.

I don't know if I have a bad cat or something's loose, Meh...right now I just need to regroup and decide if I even want to keep the car, just burnt out...so much other stuff in my life I need to put $$$ into and it's been a long haul with the SC, I don't know.

I will try to find a pump either way and try to get the brakes working again, can't sell it this way if I even decide I'm done...

Thx all

Looks like the car needs a new ABS pump motor...Fuse is replaced and there's good current there, Relays check out good, fluid reservoir is full, no motor activity.

Sent a PM to Ed a few days ago, no response.

Anyone have any leads on a rebuilder or a rebuilt unit, anyone have one for sale?

TIA

If you can't get a hold of Ed, try this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIG-JAGUAR...Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b135396d&vxp=mtr

There are others out there that will do them. This link was just handy.

Speaking of Ed, has anyone heard from him? I hope he's all right.

I will try to find a pump either way and try to get the brakes working again, can't sell it this way if I even decide I'm done...

Thx all

NO, who am I going to park next to if you sell Black Chrome!! Don't get rid of her, let Bryan or I help you with her..

RJ

I know RJ...I'm just venting right now and I have to deal with it. Kind of makes me realize the shop just doesn't want to deal with the car anymore, which I understand... but then, it's not like I'm the ONLY person with an old techy car that becomes a ~~~~ for them, getting parts and the complexity of getting to things on a SC. I can do most repairs myself, I have all my life from time to time, just that I'm tired of it mostly....I have to put other things aside that are more important.

This whole episode of multiple failures all on the same day has shook me, makes no sense really...The brakes were just the added kick in the nuts...but Dave basically was right about what happened. I believe, being that I had to add a substantial amount of brake fluid to the car just before all this happened, I likely have a leak at the pump motor that just burned it up with the constant running at re-pressurizing the system every time they moved the car around the shop and lot.

I'm conflicted that, if i have to tear the M/C out I maybe should just go and do the non-abs M/C and be done with it...but that's kind of an ordeal too.

I'll see what happens...got to locate a re-builder or pump for sale 1st and decide.

I appreciate the support and offer of help, if I can ever do the same, I'm in.

Ohh, and...it gets better....

It seems the rear bumper cover on the P/S took a hit, cracked and scraped right below the seam where the 'thunderbird sc' vertical valance meets the lower part contoured valance just at the corner as it wraps around to the wheel well...I can fix it sure...just another thing to add to the list now.

They were just no help to me at all...

He told me another time how he's just so nervous about having the car there...this is why I guess. Feckless.

I thought about going up and bringing it to his attention, but then I would burn a bridge I may need again...

Sucking it up with all the rest of it.:mad:

I'm sorry, I'd take pictures and show him what all the weeks setting in his shop caused.. I know he's your bud but crap!! What year is your car Dan, 89 or 90, let me see what Angelo has up there, he's got like 4 parts cars..

RJ

Not worth a new bumper, I just need to find that epoxy filler body shops use for the crack, then sand/prime/paint...

Right now it's insult to injury, but the lesser of my problems...

What's really awful is that the other options for local repair shops are much, much worse....so I deal with this ~~~~!...

Dude!! that is freakin killing me... I just talked to Angelo, he said he has a whole ABS unit, he's going to get with you later when he get's home..

RJ

RJ sent Dan a PM.
If that was my car and some shop did that to it I will tell you somebody not only would be paying for damages, it would be a great possibility somebody would also get their azz kicked too !!!
What a shame !!!

Trust me Angelo, I am pissed, but to kick ~~~ and take names I would burn a big bridge here, and the tech Dean is the only guy in the area that knows this car better than me, and while I can do a lot on my car, at times I have to defer to higher knowledge and skill (i.e tools). I have limitations.

I will be stopping by there and telling him (tried calling today 2x but voicemail) and see his reaction. I REALLY truly hope he didn't have knowledge of it, whether a tech did it and didn't report it, or another customer did it. It was sitting out in the lot and had been moved around many times in the last 6 weeks...could've been a number of scenarios.

Sucks though...

I sent you a reply, thx v/m

Tonight, I was reading through some old posts from Mike Puckett and how he was able to get the pump motor going on a few cars by hitting the relays hard with a metal rod, and I did the same with the key in run. Heard the pump run, but only a couple seconds. It ran again on its own about 30 seconds later, again only for a second or two. I tried pumping the brake pedal to see if i could get it to happen via that, but nope. I do now get the pump to run a second or 2 when I turn the key off and then on to the run position, but I can't get it to build pressure and run longer.

Not sure what that means (pump is weak/shot would be logical), but thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Stopped by Auto Works this morning and told Kenny about the damage...I could tell from his reaction he had no idea. Not even a matter of giving him the benefit of the doubt, either he's the best actor in the world or he just didn't know. He immediately told me to bring it up as soon as i could and they'd send it over to a body shop he deals with...he was insistent.

So...still sucks, but at least he's stepping up and accepting the responsibility for it being in his care.

That's a good thing Dan, if he'll take care of it at least its one thing off your plate and not out of you wallet... He needs to be responsible for it for sure..

RJ

That damage is totally unacceptable. Someone ether backed into something moving the car or another car backed into your car. That isn't a little scrape which would go unnoticed. You did the right thing by telling him regardless. That is all part of the responsibility the shop takes on when they agree to do repairs on a vehicle.

If you had to add brake fluid to the brake reservoir, obviously there is a leak somewhere. Most likely related to the pump motor ceasing up. What was the failure on the original ABS assembly? Same problem?

If you need anything, call me.

Bryan

Back