travis's motor build

Your pictures have been resized and you can't make anything out.

Last edited:
Dr. House built your engine? :eek::D

car007_zpsedd17198.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I know which phone calls for help I can ignore from now on or not help with parts on credit either. :eek:

Last edited:
Travis' Motor*

Sorting through the part stores supply of cam sensors.. Some run the motor but not the tach, and some the tach but not the motor....But it runs decent when it starts!

Last edited:
Some run the motor but not the tach, and some the tach but not the motor....But it runs decent when it starts!

That sounds like a harness and ground issue to me...

Remember the computer can substitute default values to let the car run if it isn't happy with the signals it is getting.

Run the codes to see if there are any hints there.

With the current cam sensor there aren't any codes. The new one from O'Reily's wouldn't even start the car, but the tach would actually move when I cranked it. I'm going to change the plug and wiring because all of the insulation crumbled off the wiring and it's just taped up at the moment and put a new can sensor on.

I'm going to change the plug and wiring because all of the insulation crumbled off the wiring and it's just taped up at the moment

I've got some cleaned and tested harnesses if you need them...early only, tho. I think Victor at spinningwheels has a refurb service going on as well.

Installed the new plug, put a new cam sensor on and won't start. I ran the codes and all that came up was 19 (cid sensor failure) so looks like I gotta keep digging through parts.

Last edited:
Installed the new plug, put a new can sensor on and won't start. I ran the codes and all that came up was 19 (cid sensor failure) so looks like I gotta keep digging through parts.

The car should start with no cam sensor, though it will sometimes take several tries. After that, it will run fine.

If yours doesn't do this, then you may have a different problem.

It's a 1991 block with a custom grind cam from Dave and bigger valves. Other than that not much else has changed. I'll try to unplug the sensor and see what happens.

Back