travis's motor build

Making some progress, the air/fuel gauge is installed and is showing about 14 under boost.. While driving around to check the fuel pressure, I had a chance encounter with a 71 mustang with 351w that had a mach 1 hood,but i don't think it was the real thing.my car handled it easily. So the new motor is 2 for 2 lol.

Yeah, Dalke's helping me track down the problem. Cleaned the maf sensor and got it down to a high 12 low 13 a/f. I'm slowly crossing things off of Dave's to do list for me.

The passenger side. It's frankensteined together with zip ties and duct tape lol. :p also if any fasteners survive they would help, but not that important.

Tunes back from Dalke and running 11.5-11.8 Afr now, but when I changed from the stock to MP crank pulley with a gen 1 charger pulley I lost 3 psi of boost. Looked around and found the new belt isn't fitting in the jackshaft pulley at the moment, so I should be good to go after this last belt stops being a #$%&.

For the official record this thread used to be called "Travis is motor thread" and now goes by the current title after some editing by the formerly(not really) grammatically challenged ganuolfthegrey lol.

For the official record this thread used to be called "Travis is motor thread" and now goes by the current title after some editing by the formerly(not really) grammatically challenged ganuolfthegrey lol.

That has seriously been bothering me for about a year now..

Had it on the dyno today and the top HP number was 275 @ 5,500 rpm and ?? On the torque because they had trouble reading it. So not bad for a stock gen 2 blower.

Last edited:
Anyone know what would make the car idle lean in cold weather? When I first start the car it's normal for the fast idle, then when it idles down it runs super lean and almost dies. It runs lean until the car warms up. I was thinking maybe the maf, but I'm not sure.

Could be a vacuum leak, but also very likely just tuning. Need a datalog of the offensive behavior.

Back