Muncie dragway track day Friday June 6

mywhite89

Planning to take both cars to muncie. Dreammakers car lot here in Fort Wayne rented the track out for the day. They sell high end exotic cars and I know a few guys associated. Running should start around 11am.
Take the day off work and bring your car and donate a couple bucks to the cause! I gotta fix a meth leak, install SCU rear bushings, and remove/ fix/reinstall my transmission in the 89 before then. Couple other little things too, but I'll make it happen.

Chris

Last edited:
Been some wrecks up there this year Chris. one of the guys at work has a fast car and he wonders if the track is getting prepped far enough down range. they have all been at the big end. one went into the rail at 140MPH so i was told. seems that just the really fast cars ate having problems. take care.

Been some wrecks up there this year Chris. one of the guys at work has a fast car and he wonders if the track is getting prepped far enough down range. they have all been at the big end. one went into the rail at 140MPH so i was told. seems that just the really fast cars ate having problems. take care.

Hmm, guess I'll be careful. My buddy has been their with his 675rwhp camaro this year and didn't mention any issues.

Hope to see a couple sc's other than ours to represent!

Chris

I still havent put mine back together. i only get to mess with it for like 15 mins at a time. Worked in the garden last night. id rather be out on my bike.

ya im working on it -------kinda.LOL there is a chassis dyno in muncie now:)))) Mcgunnigle has it. i hope to hook up to it sometime.

Well, muncie kind of a disappointment. Has to be the first time ever that we both had a huge problem with traction. Whatever they used to do for prepping the track, the new owner must be doing something different. Sarah got decent traction once and ran a 13.2 @ 108. My best was a 12.9 @ 114. Clocked that pretty much launching from a bit higher than idle and feathering it off the line. Spun a bit on the launch, gripped and then lost traction up high again in first. Tied that run once, and pretty much fried the tires on every other run. I john forced it on my last run and fried the tires from first gear into second for a 13.5! It was about 85 degrees out also.

Fun time regardless and I learned that 26" inch tires work much better than 28" for my car. Gained about 4-5 mph from last year on the top end by just that change. Just stays in the power band much better. Somehow I forgot to turn my shocks firmer the whole time, maybe that was part of my traction problem and slight wheel hop......remembered that on the way home.

Chris

Last edited:
Its track prep or better known as lack of track prep. some of the racers are disccusing to bring NHRA into it. It is not a good thing. my buddy here at work has a bbc vega. it has dynoed 1060 hp. he just burnt up his slicks last sat. like you i cant remember ever really having traction problems, even back in the 1970s.

Back