2014 Carlisle Saturday night dinner

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
Traditionally, we've been going to the Olive Garden for the past X years and they've graciously given us the back room, which can hold 40. Most years, we fill it.

I just called and spoke with an assistant manager (With the general manager standing behind her it sounded like.) They're NOT able to make a reservation on a weekend (Which sounds like this is normal; I've never called them before.) They will do a "call-ahead" seating for 7pm for us and I reserved for 40. If we have less than 40, we still get the room, but they'll bring other customers in. It helps if we're all relatively well behaved in that we get the room each year! Regardless, they wanted to make sure we understood this was NOT a reservation.

Anyway, dinner Saturday night at 7pm will be at Olive Garden, located at 6520 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17055. They asked if I could get them a more exact headcount, which I said I'd do what I could. Please let me know here if you'll be able to make it and how many in your party. Obviously I'll still take a headcount on Friday and Saturday; I'll be calling them Saturday at some point to confirm.

Pat - 1
Tim - 2
Chris - 3
Ralph - 1
Chris Connors - 2
Ken - 3
Dave - 1
Joe - 1
Jim - 1
Spare Jim - 1
Tom - 2?
Damon - 1

Off to a good start!

2 more. JNT(Joe) and 95LX(Jim). I'm Sure Spare Jim will be there too so and 1 more there too.

3 Total for this post.

ME...Generally we can tak ethat head count on saturday..We can invite the tccoa guys as well..as some normally come

Traditionally, we've been going to the Olive Garden for the past X years and they've graciously given us the back room, which can hold 40. Most years, we fill it.

I just called and spoke with an assistant manager (With the general manager standing behind her it sounded like.) They're NOT able to make a reservation on a weekend (Which sounds like this is normal; I've never called them before.) They will do a "call-ahead" seating for 7pm for us and I reserved for 40. If we have less than 40, we still get the room, but they'll bring other customers in. It helps if we're all relatively well behaved in that we get the room each year! Regardless, they wanted to make sure we understood this was NOT a reservation.

Anyway, dinner Saturday night at 7pm will be at Olive Garden, located at 6520 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17055. They asked if I could get them a more exact headcount, which I said I'd do what I could. Please let me know here if you'll be able to make it and how many in your party. Obviously I'll still take a headcount on Friday and Saturday; I'll be calling them Saturday at some point to confirm.

Pat - 1
Tim - 2
Chris - 3
Ralph - 1
Chris Connors - 2
Ken - 3
Dave - 1
Joe - 1
Jim - 1
Spare Jim - 1

Off to a good start!

ahhh the tradition continues

I remember the first year we went to the olive garden and I told the manager that we had 85 people. He laughed and walked away. Suddenly we all walked in and re realized I was serious...years since I've called and reserved that room because they knew we were good for it.

Hopefully next year I'll again be making Carlisle and joining you guys for soup and salad

Don

Don - we missed you (And Miller!) this year! We actually had about 45 people and due to fire code, we were only allowed 40 in the room, so we had a table of people outside the room unfort. If this grows again, we might have to figure something else out!

Same manager though - he's been there 12 years he told me. They had us in by 7pm on the dot.

Thanks for the mention. I always told the managers 40-50 people were coming then crossed my fingers. One year, another club tried to steal out slot and I pulled the "we have a standing reservation trump card".

Sorry I did not make it this year. All the times I did the Dinner, I believe only two times we filled the room enough to have a table set outside. Both of them were more than three years ago. You did an outstanding job getting the people to come!
:)

Last edited:
Back