SoCal BBQ

whitebird93

Would anyone be interested in a BBQ get together? Maybe do a small drive too. Thoughts?

Attachments

• BBQ-poster.jpg
    BBQ-poster.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
not sure about location yet. maybe get a head count and a date first then look for a park or something to bbq at thats good for everyone involved. Or if we do a drive make it somewhere ideal for that. Just an idea. We could even plan it way out to give us time to do it right.

Oh yeah, I would be down for a BBQ.... So any ideas on possible places? Hopefully we will get more feedback from the guys.

Come on guys, don't be shy :p

I'd be down for SoCal BBQ. Let's see what's mid point from California city to Cerrito's. I think like San Fernando valley or Santa Clarita that's my thought. But count me in plus 2 more T-birds.

My buddy got me a smoking deal on some new autometers for my bird, it gave me a second wind to finish this thing off. So im gonna hit it hard these next couple of weeks and finally meet up with you guys.

That would be great , I am replacing my A/C system now..... sweat!

That sounds like so much fun. Luckily for us the A/C compressor is located on the top for easy access :D On my Mark8 the compressor is nicely tucked all the way at the bottom :p
Hopefully you have A/C again.

whitebird93, so any thoughts on when and where???

well looks like we have some interest!! Should we start with setting a date to see who could make that then go from there. Maybe end of august or early september. Is that enough time for every one? what do you guys think?

I can make most any date , its best to go 2-3 weeks out , people will commit or not no matter how much time we give.

How about we set a date. Whats everyones opinion on either aug 23 or 24th the weekend before labor day or september 6th and 7th the weekend after labor day? once we set a date i can post on facebook to drum up some other interest from the ppl that dont check the forums.

I would be good for either weekend, but would prefer after labor day to give myself the 3 day weekend to get my car ready.

Bbq

Sounds good for me and my 91 SC. Not a member of the SoCal Club. Trying to figure out how to join.
Anaheim, CA

Ok So here’s the deal. I had to put this on the back burner for a bit because I got busy with work but this is what I’m thinking.

Date for the BBQ: Saturday September 27th
Time: 11 am – 2pm (or as long as anyone wants to hang out)

There are a bunch of bbq spots and picnic tables with shade up there, also plenty of parking. I will be brining some basic bbq food like burgers and hot dogs and some drinks. Its pretty scenic up there if you want photos of your car against the skyline. Also we are close to some canyon roads if we have enough interest in doing a short drive. I have emailed victor at spinning wheels about getting a prize if we have enough guys to do a rate my ride kinda competition. I hope we get enough ppl to come seems like there has been a good amount of traffic on the so cal chapter recently.

Thanks for posting a map. It is a ways away but maybe it will give guys enough time to save the date. We also got a sweet prize from Spinning wheels that we can raffle off.

Back