2014 Carlisle..What did you learn

XxSlowpokexX

Well every year we learn some very interesting things at Carlisle. Here is my list of things I already knew and proved to be true.

1. 94-95 SC’s are the best

2. Teal SC’s are the best

3. If given the opportunity Teal cars will win in every class they enter (94-95)(92-93)

4. If you own a Teal 94-95 sc in a pool of 89-95 SC’s it will surely win the show! That is unless you’re at the SC shootout. It’s an anomaly I just can’t explain.

5. Even when Ricco doesn’t show up to Carlisle someone else will surely break down. SORRY TOM!

6. You don’t need to bring your SC to enjoy the show. Less than 20 SC’s registered yet over 40 people at the event dinner. THAT’S DEDICATION!!!

7. New people are actually getting into SC’s. This year at Carlisle proved that.

8. Stock 2004 Jaguar XJR’s are faster than modified SC’s. Even when the SC gets the dig. Sad but true

9. Gokart racing never gets old….NEVER!

10. The Carlisle man of the year award goes to Tim “The Tire Shredder” Groth

Great time guys & gals….Looking forward to an even better 2015!

1. I'm happy I bought a Teal 94 SC, since I just discovered that they are trophy magnets.

2. I'm really glad I chose this year to return to Carlisle after 4 years away, since I got to experience the once a decade phenomenon of a rain free Carlisle.

3. Cool new people can still show up with incredible SC's out of nowhere (George and Marilyn and their pristine Pearl 95 5 spd).

4. I regret that I was not able to give Tom a hand when he needed it.

5. I'm happy Tom made it to the show field on Sunday and got a chance to relax after a grueling Fri/Sat.

6. I need to sign up go karts next year!

7. The only time I ever eat at Olive Garden is at Carlisle - the food is actually pretty good!

8. It doesn't matter how far out from Carlisle you stay - the hotel parking lot will still be filled with car show Fords.

9. SCCOA has the greatest group of guys and gals of any car club around.

10. SCCOA has the greatest group of guys and gals of any car club around - so true it needed to be said twice!

Carlisle P.A. Ford Nationals

Hi everyone its George,

I wanted to say Carlisle was a blast and thank you to everyone especially Joe for his hospitality as well as the whole Sccoa group! My wife and i had a great time meeting everyone. joe thanks for those kind words about our Supercoupe. Shout out to Heber, Tony(thanks for the mention), Matt, Pat, and ebveryone else we met iam so bad with names. Early signs of alsheimers! iam trying to learn how to use this site i cant even figure out how to post a picture next to my user name or download additional pics of carlisle any help is appreciated.

Hi everyone its George,

I wanted to say Carlisle was a blast and thank you to everyone especially Joe for his hospitality as well as the whole Sccoa group! My wife and i had a great time meeting everyone. joe thanks for those kind words about our Supercoupe. Shout out to Heber, Tony(thanks for the mention), Matt, Pat, and ebveryone else we met iam so bad with names. Early signs of alsheimers! iam trying to learn how to use this site i cant even figure out how to post a picture next to my user name or download additional pics of carlisle any help is appreciated.

Welcome to the SCCOA George!

who

Who is this George guy and why does he have a pearl sc???!!!!! Welcome to the club George. I was not there, but I will attest to the fact that you will NOT find a better group of guys than the SCCOA...Hope to get out to Carlisle this next year.

Hey Joey, when's the next BBQ and pool party!!!!

Don

I should be good for next year since the car is de Carlisle virginized...

I'm pretty sure I'm sick of seeing so many damn mustangs!!!

It was nice to see new and old faces which made the trip worth while!!!!

I hit the Duncan Donuts each morning by 7:00am or so :)

1. If I ever want to see a first place trophy I better make 1 of my 2, Teal 94 5 speeds extremely show worthy.

2. Camping at Carlisle is extremely budget friendly and being 2 mins from the showfield was rather hard to beat.

3. Middlesex Dinner - Best place in town for Breakfast - Year after Year!

4. Of all my fears for the burnout contest - a stinky car with black tire residue on everything was never something I considered. :cool:

5. Spectators who said "I doubt it will even break the tires loose" now know what a THUNDERBIRD SC is capable of doing.

6. The members of this club are some of the best people Ive ever met and am thankful to be part of this group!

7. philstad28 - reminds me of myself 10 years ago...Lookin' forward to seeing the progress you make on your SC.

8. Deep Impact (blue) on the '13-'14 stang if said in the right/wrong context also sounds like an adult film.

9. No Rico makes Tim a sad boy.

10. No Boom stories also makes Tim a sad boy.

-Tim

Ford Nationals

Welcome to the SCCOA George!

Thank you for the welcome Joe! To answer the other gentleman who am i, iam the new guy on the block that came out of the woodwork like Batman LOL whom has loved Thunderbird Supercoupes Since the first ones that came out in 1989. Iam a huge huge Ford fan and my favorite is the Supercoupes! There under recognized and very under appreciated as well as i feel under rated! They were ahead of there time and to this day are still contenders in so many ways...

George

2004 jags are way too quiet.

Modified SC doesn't get traction until drive even with 275 '

125 mile road test sucks for new FMIC and radiator...especially when the car runs 230-250 all weekend.

Staying up to 430 am the day you leaving is for the birds..especially when you are up before them

My two boys had a blast and didn't kill each other.

Teal SC'S must have standing around b riding others with "I vote for yours, if you vote for mine" line. Jk

I had a great time at Carlisle this year! It was my best time at any Carlisle event and its clear now that the best car club is SCCOA! Even though it was my first SCCOA event i felt welcomed with open arms. I even feel like a celebrity because Tim mentioned me on here :cool: I really cant wait for next year! Also congrats on the awesome burnout at the burnout contest! That chunk of rubber landed all the way on the pavillion roof :D lol

1. I learned that I love Savannah on Hannahs!
2. If you dont have a mustang, your just not cool enough
3. 1 day at the show is not nearly enough time to see it all
4. Did I mention Savannah on Hannahs... lol

I learned:

- It's possible to have a year you don't get bruises on the go karts (are we getting soft in our old age?)
- Damon apparently STILL doesn't own an SC but that won't stop him from busting my balls...
- Ken Seeger's kids are cooler than him and drive go karts better... :)
- '89-91 SCs were only made in black
- Tom Downs can find my car even when it's parked with the Mark VIIIs on the opposite side of the showfield!
- The number of people to exceed the fire code in the back room of Olive Garden
- My '90 can get pretty good gas mileage if I keep the boost gauge off 15 psi!
- No one wanted to see even more Mustangs for the 50th anniversary party but the cake was pretty damn good!
- Judy Adams makes great desserts!

I learned:

- It's possible to have a year you don't get bruises on the go karts (are we getting soft in our old age?)
- Damon apparently STILL doesn't own an SC but that won't stop him from busting my balls...
- Ken Seeger's kids are cooler than him and drive go karts better... :)
- '89-91 SCs were only made in black
- Tom Downs can find my car even when it's parked with the Mark VIIIs on the opposite side of the showfield!
- The number of people to exceed the fire code in the back room of Olive Garden
- My '90 can get pretty good gas mileage if I keep the boost gauge off 15 psi!
- No one wanted to see even more Mustangs for the 50th anniversary party but the cake was pretty damn good!
- Judy Adams makes great desserts!

ROFL @ lesson 2. :p

It was nice seeing Damon,Joe Brauner,Ken Seegers, Dave Ward, Tim Groth and Bill Evanoff again!!!

It was nice meeting George n his girl and the pearl white!!, Pat D.,Tony"Pock1", Michael Davidson, Bryan Moore,Rob Noth, Ralph Graul, Joe Brauner's friend, friends of Chris Vining or neighbors some dude "spare" lol :), !! And JJk when he said my exhaust sounds really good :)

Last edited:
It was nice seeing Damon,Joe Brauner,Ken Seegers, Tim Groth and Bill Evanoff again!!!

It was nice meeting George n his girl and the pearl white!!, Pat D.,Tony"Pock1", Michael Davidson, Bryan Moore,Rob Noth, Ralph Graul, Joe Brauner's friend, friends of Chris Vining or neighbors some dude "spare" lol :), !! And JJk when he said my exhaust sounds really good :)

It did sound good!!! :D

Carlise Nationals

It was nice seeing Damon,Joe Brauner,Ken Seegers, Tim Groth and Bill Evanoff again!!!

Great meeting you and all the guys as well! We had a blast..Cant wait for the 60th Anniversary Event at Carlise hope it comes threw!

Back