What prohibits you from attending an Event?

What prohibits you from attending an Event

• Cost to attend (gas/food/hotel/entry fees)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Cars not road Worthy

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Distance to event too far away

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Not a Show Car / Not a Race Car

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Combination of all the above

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • New - Didn't know events exsisted

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • None - Attend events annually

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
I just started doing sccoa stuff and im trying to make all the events I can. For everyone that thinks there car isnt nice enough...just look at mine :rolleyes:. I took it to carlisle and its missing most of its paint and has a smashed in quarter panel and a wicked exhaust leak :p. Im even driving hundreds of miles to make it to shootout :D. What day and where is the summer bash at? Im going to try to make it to that one!

I just started doing sccoa stuff and im trying to make all the events I can. For everyone that thinks there car isnt nice enough...just look at mine :rolleyes:. I took it to carlisle and its missing most of its paint and has a smashed in quarter panel and a wicked exhaust leak :p. Im even driving hundreds of miles to make it to shootout :D. What day and where is the summer bash at? Im going to try to make it to that one!

http://www.mamn12.com/forum/index.php?topic=1472.0

That will give you the details on Summer Blast in Martinsburg WV, its a nicely organized event and is exclusive to the MN12/FN10 , Foxbody Birds/Cats... its a good show and typically has a 15-20 car turnout.

-Tim

Here's an idea - have someone who is good with photoshop - I volunteer Sally for this - :p - to make up a banner add for each of the events. Whoever is actively planning to attend or has details on an event can forward the details to her (or the person making up the ads) and then they can be posted up and rotated into the banner schedule for up to - say - 6 months prior to an event. The banner add could be linked to a sticky thread in the events forum or something like that.

A visual ad would be much more effective in garnering enthusiasm and participation than just a date on a calendar. At least I think so.

Here's an idea - have someone who is good with photoshop - I volunteer Sally for this - :p - to make up a banner add for each of the events. Whoever is actively planning to attend or has details on an event can forward the details to her (or the person making up the ads) and then they can be posted up and rotated into the banner schedule for up to - say - 6 months prior to an event. The banner add could be linked to a sticky thread in the events forum or something like that.

A visual ad would be much more effective in garnering enthusiasm and participation than just a date on a calendar. At least I think so.

We actually did this for last year's shootout (And we should turn that ad back on shortly.) Never thought of this for Carlisle. . .

Thats a great idea - also could put the "event flyer" on the club Facebook Photos section...at times it feels like were two seperate groups with the social media channel having a lot of focus who really do not use the forums.

I see the Shootout Ad at the top of the page now - a Carlilse one would be sweet.

-Tim

A few things WORK, WORK, WORK, and no time:eek: now I don't have a job after X-mas my mine is closing:( (and now it will be money LOL!)

It makes sense to chose a place whereever you have the highest concentration of Thunderbirds, I'm always amazed how much thunderbird SC activity I see in the North, North East and florida. Unfortunately, the time it takes to get there is the issue for most of us. Carlisle is a 19 hours drive, 4 days round trip to get there and back.

The shoutout is a 12 hours drive. I have been wanting to go for a few years and I will. It is still a long way, but I can do the drive in one day instead of two.

I think a location halfway between the center states and the East coast would most likely attract a few more people

Distance to the Shoutout in KY

Kansas city KS 606
Dallas TX 896
Oklahoma OK 850
Portland ME 1000
Cleveland OH 365
Chicago Il 385
Orlando Fl 815
New Orleans LA 760

Events

Has there ever been a Road Course event as a part of an SCCoA event? I am usually doing H.P.D.E.'s........meeting other owners is nice, but honestly speaking.....after road course...drag racing is boring now.

It makes sense to chose a place whereever you have the highest concentration of Thunderbirds, I'm always amazed how much thunderbird SC activity I see in the North, North East and florida. Unfortunately, the time it takes to get there is the issue for most of us. Carlisle is a 19 hours drive, 4 days round trip to get there and back.

The shoutout is a 12 hours drive. I have been wanting to go for a few years and I will. It is still a long way, but I can do the drive in one day instead of two.

I think a location halfway between the center states and the East coast would most likely attract a few more people

Kansas city KS 606
Dallas TX 896
Oklahoma OK 850
Portland ME 1000
Cleveland OH 365
Chicago Il 385
Orlando Fl 815
New Orleans LA 760

Los Angeles, CA 2200miles

Sometimes it just makes more sense to fly in and abuse a rental car for the weekend.

Sounds like a new poll...
- Would you fly to an event and abuse a rental car?
- Should events be held in different locations around the country?
- If you can't make an event, do you spend time on YouTube watching: dyno pulls or cat videos?

Last edited:
Greg,

Sometimes it just makes more sense to fly in and abuse a rental car for the weekend.

David

It would. But I would prefer to bring my car for at least one shootout. I'm actually trying to plan exhibiting at some motorcycle shows nearby around the shootout date for work, that way it would give me a reason to load my car in the trailer and head over.

It would. But I would prefer to bring my car for at least one shootout. I'm actually trying to plan exhibiting at some motorcycle shows nearby around the shootout date for work, that way it would give me a reason to load my car in the trailer and head over.

Greg,

You wouldn't regret it.

David

Greg,

David

Been there, done that, couldn't figure out how not to red light with only two pedals on the floor!! =lol=

It would have been more fun with my own car, but it beat not going to the Shoot Out at all.

Kansas city KS 606
Dallas TX 896
Oklahoma OK 850
Portland ME 1000
Cleveland OH 365
Chicago Il 385
Orlando Fl 815
New Orleans LA 760

Long Island, NY 750 miles (for me)
Hartford, CT 820 miles (for Brian, although he cheats and has a trailer and co-drivers) :)

Ira

Distance & type of event. I don't have a trailer. I break I'm in big trouble. So Ill travel for a big car show and even some smaller ones to an extent. But racing and potentially breaking hundreds of miles from home just isn't for me. Hey there are people local to me that go to the shootout but don't go to a car show like Carlisle. So everyone has their reasons. Could be distance, I don't want to break or I just don't want to attend

Event

I'd enjoy going to an SC/XR7 event........but....my focus is on Road Course. I am not aware of any event having included Track Time other than Drag Racing..........I started Drag Racing in 1968. Road Course is much more fun.

Back