Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cooling fan not going on :( Help!

Bad Fuse Box?

I went and put a new fuse in but the tab that is connected to the box that goes in one of the sides of the fuse was lifted up and there was a lot of melted plastic in there. The fans didn't kick right on when I flipped my switch so is it possible that the fuse box is just junk now? Do the regular v8 tbirds have the same fuse box or is it just a supercoupe one that would work in a sc?

i was able to seperate the box find the burnt wires relace that,and basically cut the melted spot out and put new female connectors that attach to the fuse.Now that i think about it i was able to pull the female spade connectors out through the bottom,replace that and melted wire after that i was able to clean the melted areas out and the spades fit back in there with a little work.The only thing that i noticed was the fuse sits a little higher.I too was going to relace the whole box,and i remember them being the same in the v8s but man that looked like a job from hell so i tried this and it has worked fine so far.couple thousand miles.Those fuses are a weak link in the cooling fan system.Again i would look at all other fuses and use some dielectric grease on them.But apparently those fans draw some juice and if those fuses are corroded at all thats what happens melted mess.

When you split that fuse box you will see whats up one of those wires will be melted as hell and could actually be almost burned through.I did the same thing after i finally got the melted fuse out shoved another in and nothing.

Yeah I could see how the wires could be melted. It took me forever with pliers and a little pick to get all the plastic out . Im thinking that that is the problem but with how many problems my tbird has its hard to tell haha . Every day I find a new problem with my sc and I still love the thing lol