Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: 2015 Carlisle Hotel

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,439
    I called the hotel. They have no rooms left to block, but the unused rooms will become available on 05/06. They are going to call me on 05/07 to let me know what unused rooms are available. There is a Holiday Inn near this hotel if people want to be close to this hotel.
    Thanks
    Ken
    1992 Thunderbird SC
    13.322 @ 102.81
    1993 Thunderbird SC 5spd..white
    2002 F350 SD Diesel (SC tow vehicle)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Caledon, Ontario ... CANADA !!!
    Posts
    7,582
    I had booked two rooms, but will very likely only need one because of a friend not being able to make it down due to medical issues in his immediate family. Once I know for sure I will post here, and if someone wants to take over the reservation we can make the arrangement.


    cheers
    Ed

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Front Royal,VA
    Posts
    76
    Anybody staying at a different hotel, if so what hotel are you staying at? I'm looking at the Super 8 and Americas Best Value Inn.

    Chris C.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Milford, NJ
    Posts
    356
    Chris,

    Myself and a couple of SC/Mustang buddies stay at the Red Roof Inn in Harrisburg north. It's about 20 min from 'the action', it's a nice hotel and fairly cheap too.
    -Bryan-1990 SC 5 speed, 155K - [email protected]
    1998 Mark VIII LSC, 107K - [email protected]
    1989 Probe GT 2.2T 5 speed, 91K
    2013 Fusion SE 1.6T 6 speed, 78K
    2003 Taurus SEL 24V, 221K
    2008 Honda VFR800 V4 VTEC, 8k

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
    Chris,

    Myself and a couple of SC/Mustang buddies stay at the Red Roof Inn in Harrisburg north. It's about 20 min from 'the action', it's a nice hotel and fairly cheap too.
    Brian didnt here back in regards to tire sizing on my SC

    Going with 18's from Brad at The Custom Wheel Shop

    What will look better 245's all around or 245's on front and 275's on rear?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by George95PearlSC View Post
    Brian didnt here back in regards to tire sizing on my SC

    Going with 18's from Brad at The Custom Wheel Shop

    What will look better 245's all around or 245's on front and 275's on rear?
    Looks is obviously a personal preference thing. Personally, I like staggered tire sizes.

    The advantage of going 245's all the way around is that you can rotate the tires after you burn several thousand miles off of them doing burnouts
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Hartford, CT
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by George95PearlSC View Post
    Brian didnt here back in regards to tire sizing on my SC
    Me Brian? Did I miss something?
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    525rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    Looks is obviously a personal preference thing. Personally, I like staggered tire sizes.

    The advantage of going 245's all the way around is that you can rotate the tires after you burn several thousand miles off of them doing burnouts
    LMFAO

    Agreed! Although i am going for looks not practicality, car doesn't get driven much at all it only comes out during the nice weather, lucky if it gets 2,000-3,000 average a year over its lifetime! Probably less now. It didn't get much usage last year, and this year even less it only came out once or twice! The last two years i only put total maybe 1000 miles on it not even.

    Whats your take on the possible rubbing issue in the rear depending on how low the car is dropped?Right now its stock height but I am looking to drop it 1.7" if not this year then by next year spring of 2016.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Front Royal,VA
    Posts
    76
    Just booked a room for Liz and I at the Scottish Inn in New Cumberland,Pa for $130. Next year I won't wait till the last minute to get a room and stay at the host hotel like I have always done. Anybody else staying here ? doubt it lol

    Chris C.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Posts
    3,356
    FYI to any last minute people - or earlier arrival people.

    Just booked a room at the Super 8 Motel (the SCCoA Stomping ground BACK IN THE DAY) for $65 +tax for Thursday...last minute decision to come early. This place is right next door to the Hotel Carlisle (again Stomping ground BACK IN THE DAY) and across the street from The Middlesex Diner. Again this is just for the 1 night..I will be at Park Inn for the remaining portion of the time in Carlisle.

    If anyone is interested in grabbing breakfast Friday morning at the diner before heading to the show field, hit me up.

    -Tim
    Last edited by Tim Groth; 05-28-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Current Collection
    1994 Thunderbird SC - Auto converted to 5spd

    1995 Thunderbird SC - Auto

    1994 Thunderbird SC - 5spd
    1989 Thunderbird SC - 5spd - Daily Driver
    1990 Thunder/Cougar XR7 - 5spd
    1994 Thunderbird SC - 3v Project

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Groth View Post
    FYI to any last minute people - or earlier arrival people.

    Just booked a room at the Super 8 Motel (the SCCoA Stomping ground BACK IN THE DAY) for $65 +tax for Thursday...last minute decision to come early. This place is right next door to the Hotel Carlisle (again Stomping ground BACK IN THE DAY) and across the street from The Middlesex Diner. Again this is just for the 1 night..I will be at Park Inn for the remaining portion of the time in Carlisle.

    If anyone is interested in grabbing breakfast Friday morning at the diner before heading to the show field, hit me up.

    -Tim
    I'll be there Thursday afternoon and might be able to meet for breakfast. Do you still have the same phone number as last year? If so, I can give you a call. If not, shoot me a PM.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Posts
    3,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt K View Post
    I'll be there Thursday afternoon and might be able to meet for breakfast. Do you still have the same phone number as last year? If so, I can give you a call. If not, shoot me a PM.
    Yes number is still the same, call or text me once in town. We will be arriving Thursday eve probably after 10p as Sheena has an appointment with the florist for wedding arrangements.

    -Tim
    Current Collection
    1994 Thunderbird SC - Auto converted to 5spd

    1995 Thunderbird SC - Auto

    1994 Thunderbird SC - 5spd
    1989 Thunderbird SC - 5spd - Daily Driver
    1990 Thunder/Cougar XR7 - 5spd
    1994 Thunderbird SC - 3v Project

Similar Threads

  1. Carlisle Hotels, Who's Staying Where....party????
    By lube70 in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 11:24 PM
  2. 2003 Carlisle Hotel Info
    By blkthndr in forum SCCoA Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 09:08 PM
  3. Carlisle Hotel ?'s
    By ThunderCoupe94 in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2003, 12:02 AM
  4. Carlisle hotel cheap!
    By joenintiesc in forum Super Coupe Club of New Jersey
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2002, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •