Bad fuel pressure regulator maybe?

So did it get fixed?

When I had the fuel return line disconnected I could blow into it and hear gurgling in the tank at the other end so I don't think it's blocked. It's not shown a check engine light nor has it misfired. It just smoothly noses over when the boost comes up past about 5 psi or so, almost like you putting on the brakes. It definitely sounds like fuel starvation. Also we saw on the old motor's dyno sheet where the power falls off rather abruptly when the boost comes up. Since it doesn't misfire and the plugs were just installed along with the wires I'm discounting that these are the culprit. I've had broken plugs and bad wires before so I know how it feels when that happens. Additionally, mine has a 255lph pump also and it is much louder and smoother running. This one when jumpered on sounds weak and it stumbles a little bit when running.

Mike, could not make the weekend meet as my daughter was in from College. If I left for lunch in Gwinnett I would have had hell to pay from the wife.

So did you solve the mystery of Stephen's 94 SC noosing over? I have a similar issue with one but do not want to drop the fuel tank before checking other issues our first. It does have 34 psi fuel pressure at idle and will rise to 50psi under engine boost, but it hesitates to accelerate and will not go passed 4,800 rpm at WOT.

P.s. I have a buyer for one of my SCs. As soon as I sale in later October I will come up for that late model 5 Speed trans. Sorry for the long wait.

glenn

Yes, he replaced the fuel pump and the IAC on the throttle body and it's been running real good. He had a fuel pressure problem though. It would not hold fuel pressure after shut off. We could shut off the engine and immediately push the shrader valve in and nothing would come out. The IAC was causing the the idle rpm to fluctuate real bad. He's been driving ever since and it's been running good.

Back