SCCoA Billet License Plate Frames

I'm not so sure about this project anymore. I only have my CA plates to work off of, the stickers are on the top. I measured it all up and made the sticker openings as close to the sticker locations as possible without covering them. Also my plates are from 1990 so the "CALIFORNIA" lettering sits below the T-bird logo, the new CA plates place the lettering at the very top so that will be all covered (im not sure if there's any laws against covering the State Name ). Other states stickers are on the bottom. Now Im not sure if all the states place the stickers in the exact same location. So if I were to make 2 Plates to accommodate top or bottom stickers, will some be perfect while other partially cover the sticker?

With all the new state plates and rules about the stickers, I feel its gonna be hard to narrow the Frame design to 1 or 2 shapes, while still accommodating the masses. Dont get me wrong I'm still up for it, but im gonna need help on this one as far as a frame shape and some measurements on sticker locations from a few guys if we want to get this done so it looks right.

Greg,

You know me, I'm in no matter what. I believe I have some old Missouri plates I could send you so let me know on that. It could come done to making the frames state specific and taking orders that way. Myself, and a few others who want a MO frame, would work with you on the design and get that produced. Maybe put a frame minimum before anything is produced. If guys from KY want a frame, let 10 guys step forward and get the design hashed out and those frames are produced.

I think you guys are making this too difficult. Make two versions, one with the stickers on the top and one with them on the bottom. Then let the buyer choose. I've been running the original SCCoA frame on my car since the mid 90's with out incident (granted I don't drive it as often as I did when it was a daily driver). The frame is intended for plate with stickers in the top corners, but Missouri plates are no in the bottom corners...for a while Missouri stickers were in the middle of the plate and there was no issue whatsoever.

I say you make it really easy on the guy and just move your stickers to a visible location as close as possible to the original location. I highly doubt anyone would throw a fit about that.

Attachments

• 20140803_202008.jpg
    20140803_202008.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 198
Im thinking 2 plates also, stickers on top or stickers on bottom. That should cover most everybody

or no cut outs for no stickers and when you see the cops just floor it?

Last edited:
Im thinking 2 plates also, stickers on top or stickers on bottom. That should cover most everybody

Or you could make one frame that works with either of two (or more) up/down oriented inserts, or, choose to use no insert at all...

Last edited:
Or you could make one frame that works with either of two up/down inserts, or, choose to use no insert at all...

That is an option but having the cut outs for stickers on top and on bottom leave less room to engrave "SUPER COUPE CLUB OF AMERICA" i'll either have to make it a lot smaller or just use SCCoA

Cut outs for stickers would go opposite the insert with whatever lettering. Only one version frame, to be installed with cut outs for stickers oriented on the bottom and buyer's choice of insert on top, or flip it over so the cut outs are on top with insert (designed to fit regardless of orientation) on bottom.

You could then make various inserts, say, with T-bird logo, SuperCoupe ,SCCoA, SUPER COUPE CLUB OF AMERICA, or Cougar XR7, with other options for the regular MN-12 crowd.

Cut outs for stickers would go opposite the insert with whatever lettering. Only one version frame, to be installed with cut outs for stickers oriented on the bottom and buyer's choice of insert on top, or flip it over so the cut outs are on top with insert (designed to fit regardless of orientation) on bottom.

You could then make various inserts, say, with T-bird logo, SuperCoupe ,SCCoA, SUPER COUPE CLUB OF AMERICA, or Cougar XR7, with other options for the regular MN-12 crowd.

Ken,

You just solved that issue. 1 Frame, flip it upside down.

As for the lettering this buy will only be for SCCoA Plates. I will probably do some different logo plates after I get these done for the club.

The frame is intended for plate with stickers in the top corners, but Missouri plates are no in the bottom corners...for a while Missouri stickers were in the middle of the plate and there was no issue whatsoever.

Standardized plates have the sticker in the middle.

kurt

from what i understand they are directly connected to the mainframe.

Up here they can scan up to 7000 plates per shift and pull registration, wants and warrants and insurance.

They sit in tim horton's (our main coffee retailer) early in the morning and check the cars going thru.

Being in one of the last red neck strongholds theirs a fairly large group driving without licences and insurance.:eek:

Paul

timothy horton's!!!!

:d

Back