New guy from SWI

usaf007

Hey all, new guy here! Not new to birds, my step dad got me into them at a young age, and between him, myself and my step brother we have had quite a few over the years. My very first car was a 91.

Always wanted a SC, just kinda got caught up in life and the military and kind of put it all on the back burner until now. Still looking, have contacted a few sellers on CL up in omaha, but no one seems to want to really sell their cars as none have wanted to set up a test drive time.

Anyways, Hopefully i'll be able to find one soon! Just trying to decide year/ auto or man, etc. I would LOVE to have a 35th, but the cheapest one I have been able to find was 5K and thats out of my price range right now, have a toddler and the wife is BARELY agreeing to let me buy the car as it is haha.

well, look forward to lurking around and learning lots! Anyone located near Red Oak? I havn't seen any SC's here at all. ONE XR7 a few years back, thats it

I grew up in Glenwood and have some friends in Red Oak. If you keep the SC stock you will stay under that 5K mark for some time. Start modding it and they tend to get pricey quick. Melon and Ken Wagner are over in your area. (Omaha and Blair) There are a few of us over here in Des Moines area and the guys east (Iowa City, Cedar Rapids) do exist they just don't say much. ;):D Good group of guys down in the KC region. Melon can hook you up with them.

seen a couple on there i've always wanted one and got lucky, 90 sc one of our customers brought in a set of heads that needed redone and i seen they had sc stamped on them so i had to ask and got really curious. refreshed the heads, i resurfaced them cause had head gasket out. so i know the top end is good. then week later after he got it all put back together, i picked the car up for 2500 which i thought wasnt bad price for sc and as good condition it was in.

Back