EEC-IV question

ghostryder

I did a search and found nothing on this. but my question is this is the EEC wiring harness and computer pinned to match that years computer? and does the EEC only control the engine functions?

I did a search and found nothing on this. but my question is this is the EEC wiring harness and computer pinned to match that years computer? and does the EEC only control the engine functions?

The pins changed occasionally. You would have to check EVTMs for each year to see if any pins need to be moved. I don't know the exact details to just list what years vary, off-hand.

The EEC controls the engine functions, the fans, the cruise control, the emissions controls, and ... hmm, I guess that's about it.

I did the dash swap 92 into a 90 and I have both computers but I put the 92 wring harness into the 90 I checked the EVTM and some of the wiring is different between the EEC harnesses. the IRCM are all the same I am going to use the 92 computer since I have the 92 wiring harness in the 90.

Just for a point of interest, EEC'S vary within a model year, the wiring will stay the same . Looking at my plain old 99 Taurus 3.0L OHV not the duratec, gas, not flex fuel. I phoned an auto-wrecker today and he cannot even begin to give me a price unless I pull the EEC and find it's part number...bizzare.

I went to car-parts.com and got a full page on "what's your Taurus for 99" to narrow down which EEC and I bet I still the need the part number off the module.....sheeessshhhh

BTW if you ever need advice on Taurus issues (which I did and learned something I had NO CLUE about) check in with the guys at The Taurus Club of America.

Your 92 dash in the 90 will not work, sorry. The dash wiring harnesses are completely different as are the EEC pinouts. I suggest you take it back out and swap the wiring from your old dash into this one.

Back