What do you have left to do for 2014 Shootout ?

Another auto co
Btw another slot maf made no change! Also I forgot to tighten the clamps on one of my tranny lines a d just had to deal with lake mercron in my driveway! How that didn't happen at the track I have no idea!!

I'm going public - I think it's the location and/or angled filter causing the problems.

Just because it works for someone else, doesn't mean it will for you! :)

The logs show consistent spikes in the load calc, immediately following a significant throttle position change. I think there is some swirly action going on, right where the MAFS is located.

I need to get out to jacob's place to hide some more random junk inside his car's intake tract. I think he's getting ready to find the latest sabotage....

Well, I’ve gotten the majority of the mental to-do list done!

Finally finished:

3.07TL Aluminum Diff (thanks again Jacob!!)
8AN fuel line upgrade
#10 fuel pump wiring upgrade
Aeromotive 340 Fuel Pump
Bought the 28x11.5x16 Hoosiers!

Still need and/or would like to:

Change oil
Check fluids
Alignment
Mount/Balance new Hoosiers on late model wheels
Replace passenger side downpipe (needs extended a little because of some exhaust work I did)
Paint late model wheels gunmetal gray
Install 3BAR GM MAP sensor and verify my transfer function
Free-Air calibrate the WBO2
Finish dialing-in the E85 tune, add some spark, disable knock sensor (knock sensor goes crazy with E85!!! :eek:)
Wash the Car/clean interior/clean engine bay
Paint trim
Replace window clips
Pack parts / stuff
Dyno Tune?
Practice at local 1/8mi Track? (David N. says NO!)
Sell a few more parts
Get an non-rat tail haircut

Things to do:
•Change fuel pump and lines (replaced all of my old braided stainless rubber hose with new PTFE braided stainless fuel hose, installed 340 lph pump)
•Fix my emergency brake that broke during a multi-stop cruise back on 9/6. (complete)
•Change Oil in car (complete)
•Check transmission fluid level
•Wash (complete), but needs rewash after 150 mile cruise last Sunday to burn most of my pump gas.
•Inspect trailer brakes and tires (tires good, brakes not checked)
•Inspect drag tires (3 of 4 were flat...they've been sitting since last year. Otherwise, they look fine)
•Change oil in Expedition (complete)
•Change rear brakes on Expedition (inspected, and should make the trip. Tires rotated)
•Get trailer out storage (will happen this weekend)
•Empty remaining pump gas from tank.

Matt is on his way over to help with the wierd tuning issues...

Fashioned an awesome new exhaust system for the truck out of flex pipe and coat hangers (cant get an exhaust appointment before the shootout..)

Left to do:

Buy beer

Tuning

Detaill Car

Wash Truck

Load everything up

just when you think you are ready...

loaded the car today and was checking the tires on the trailer when we spotted a cut in the side wall on one of the tires.... So now I have to get two new tires before wed... What next??? I look at it this way, it could have blown out on the highway and then you are at the mercy of some place you don't know or care to know... Ok well get two new ones and be done with it....See you guys soon.....Rich

loaded the car today and was checking the tires on the trailer when we spotted a cut in the side wall on one of the tires.... So now I have to get two new tires before wed... What next??? I look at it this way, it could have blown out on the highway and then you are at the mercy of some place you don't know or care to know... Ok well get two new ones and be done with it....See you guys soon.....Rich
Your bringing a car this year?

just my son's car..

Your bringing a car this year?

He has to defend his "track Champ" from last year... I wanted to bring one but it is just too far to haul two cars both ways.. I have to drive for eight + hours one way and that is a bunch with a F550 and a 4:86 rear gear... So we are just going to bring one car and come in a bit of comfort with a gas super cab that might get 15 mpg's.....lol.... besides I just don't want to drive all by myself that far......Rich

Got the dead spot out of my tune thanks to DrFishbourne

Fixed my boost gauge today 17/18psi NOT 13 like the stock one says

Still have to detail car and load a bunch of crap!

OK now I can breathe

OK, Transmission fixed, engine running well, trans shifting normal, now I can breathe and clean it up and get ready to go!!

Finally some good news!!

Smitty

Trailer lights fixed and upgraded to LED.
gas changed in car.
Still need to gather up my road tools and pack.

Trailer lights fixed and upgraded to LED.
gas changed in car.
Still need to gather up my road tools and pack.

On Sunday afternoon I finished painting my trailer and did the LED upgrade with all new wiring. Got new all new straps. Based on the old wiring under the trailer I had no trailer brakes when I made the trip last year.

Does anyone know if, how, and when the trailer wheel hubs need greased?

On Sunday afternoon I finished painting my trailer and did the LED upgrade with all new wiring. Got new all new straps. Based on the old wiring under the trailer I had no trailer brakes when I made the trip last year.

Before they lock up!

I grease mine a couple of times a year

ordered my new tires

well I got them ordered today and should have them mounted and ready for Tuesday to put back on and then we should be ready to go....see you all real soon.....Rich

My list consisted of the following:

Install MP Tensioners - DONE
New Gates SC Belt - DONE
Change Oil - DONE
Change Antifreeze - DONE
Install some New Silicone Couplers - Attempted - Wrong Size either ordered or shipped :cool:
Install Triple Pillar Pod - Doing tonight
Tie up numberous loose ends from other projects - M-Thurs
Fix my hood so I can use hood struts - long story - Doing tonight

My list wasn't that complex compared to some...I drive the car pretty regularly so it doesn't have a lot of issues. Most of the items I have are more peace of mind related than needed to get there. Should have it done beforehand...if not I'll still be there and have a good time.

-Tim

Last edited:
Trucks all done. Oil and filter fuel filters rotated tires and a new lighter socket. Just like to run it thru the wash sometime.

Changed the oil in the car and put skinnies on the front. Went to put the slicks on but the wheel lock key disapeared. Guess it fell out somewhere at summerblast. Kinda fed up at this point. probably put the big tires back up front and baby it down the track again. Don't feel like installing the meth kit. Good thing is the rack hasnt acted up(jinx).

Back