What do you have left to do for 2014 Shootout ?

guess i need to put a steering rack in it now, need to swap gas tank, install meth, order be dongle so i can tune it, change oil and fuel filters in truck.... probably just drve truck out.:( oil change an filters sounds doable by then

guess i need to put a steering rack in it now, need to swap gas tank, install meth, order be dongle so i can tune it, change oil and fuel filters in truck.... probably just drve truck out.:( oil change an filters sounds doable by then
yeah its doable rack sounds like a ~~~~ though. Wont it last past the shootout?

Back from the track. i'm running consistant 8.90s but still have a nasty dead spot in it off the line i cant figure out where it goes pig rich screwing with the maf curve will not fix it! errrr still way faster than last year

60' 1.8605
330' 5.7108
594 8.3413
1/8 8.9210
77.62mph

Last Thing Done

I just finished the last thing on my list, getting my haircut, so now I'm ready.

Attachments

• haircut.jpg
    haircut.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 93
Well got BE working. Guess something got deleted for NET framework. Did a bunch of microsoft updates, BE and Advantage now work. Woohoo.

Thought I was done, but yesterday I lost power to my fuel pumps and had to trailer car back to my house. Found this fuse holder smoking. Installing a new and better weather proof fuse holder and 30 amp fuse tonight, and hope that fixes it.

Fuse melt.jpg

David

Ive driven the car almost 700 miles this week and I found some more boost leaks today thanks in part to my awesome crimped pcv hoses from the 350 mile trek yesterday. Car is running better than it ever has and now its time to detail the crap out of it and load it up on the trailer next Thursday.

I still need to detail mine and try to figure out the dead spot. I'm going to try another slot maf in case mine is faulty (it did come out of a pile of trash....laterally)

I still need to detail mine and try to figure out the dead spot. I'm going to try another slot maf in case mine is faulty (it did come out of a pile of trash....laterally)

Well theres your problem. It came out laterally instead of vertically.:)

Fixed my fuel pump wiring problem last night. Now all I need to do is pump some race gas out of my broken 93 SC and do a bunch of cleaning on my 91 SC.

David

Well theres your problem. It came out laterally instead of vertically.:)

Another auto correct fail!

Btw another slot maf made no change! Also I forgot to tighten the clamps on one of my tranny lines a d just had to deal with lake mercron in my driveway! How that didn't happen at the track I have no idea!!

Another auto correct fail!

Btw another slot maf made no change! Also I forgot to tighten the clamps on one of my tranny lines a d just had to deal with lake mercron in my driveway! How that didn't happen at the track I have no idea!!

Stop racing it...too close to Shootout.

Uncle Dave would be very unhappy to hear that Jacob might not be the only one trying to break stuff before the Shootout! :eek:

Back