DLF products....Delrin/UHMW bushings, SRB sleeves, rear caliper brackets...

JayBob

Hey guys,

I've had a few people recommend that I start a post here on the forum detailing the parts I make and sell. If you don't know, I'm the guy who bought DLF's (RIP) plans and some of his equipment (like his lathe) after he passed away last year.

I haven't been doing a whole lot of advertising or pushing this stuff, but I wanted to just let you guys know about me. lol. I can make/produce almost everything that Doug did, and better yet, I've been able to meet or break his prices. Here's a rundown of my prices as well as some pictures since we all know that a thread is worthless without them....

Delrin rear LCA bushings (Mark VIII LCA's only, for now) - $325 shipped

Delrin rear knuckle bushings - $325 shipped

UHMW rear subframe bushings - $325 shipped

Buy any 2 of the above sets for $625 shipped, or all 3 sets for $900 even.

SRB sleeves. 100% 304 stainless steel construction, TIG welded on the ends for added strength. - $135 shipped

UHMW rear spring perches - $180 shipped, includes the Prothane poly isolators. $150 shipped, without the isolators.

Stainless steel rear brake caliper relocation brackets for use with Cobra rear rotors, includes SS bolts - $80 shipped

Stainless steel steering u-joint kit - $150 shipped

As mentioned above, any items purchased together will receive a discount depending on what is ordered.

Pictures!

DelrinLCA.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Great post Jay, welcome and good luck with your items.. We need good stable Mfg types making stuff for our cars.. The market has gotten tight..

RJ

Great post Jay, welcome and good luck with your items.. We need good stable Mfg types making stuff for our cars.. The market has gotten tight..

RJ

Thanks! I agree on the tight market. It's very evident on the Mark VIII side of things as well. I've had Mark VIII's as far back as 2002, and have seen first-hand how it's progressed. I'd hate to see what it'd be like for the Mark VIII's if it weren't for the Thunderbirds!

I meant to include this in the original post, but please feel free to ask any questions that any of you may have. You can ask here, or through PM's.

Thanks for advertising...I've been wanting to purchase a set for awhile now....back in the queue now! :)

Sure thing! :D

One other thing I forgot to add: due to my full time job and family, I can't always afford the luxury of having these parts ready made. I do always try to keep the raw materials in stock though. I just ask that you keep in mind that, depending on what/how much you're ordering, I may have a lead time of a few days, or up to 3 weeks for a large order.

Thanks!

Great to have another custom fabber around! Can you give a bit more info on the Stainless steel steering u-joint kit - $150 shipped?

Great to have another custom fabber around! Can you give a bit more info on the Stainless steel steering u-joint kit - $150 shipped?

Sure. It replaces the worn out, stock rag joint, giving you better durability, and a more accurate steering feel.

Here's one I completed recently for one of the Mark VIII guys:

image.jpg

steering coupler

that looks nice, I need 1 to fit my 93 sc. maybe in a few weeks when I can save up on some cash.:eek:

Thanks for continuing Doug's great products!!!

I actually met him a couple times at his house, I will most likely get a set of those spring perches off ya soon!

Thanks,

Tom

that looks nice, I need 1 to fit my 93 sc. maybe in a few weeks when I can save up on some cash.:eek:

Sure thing, just let me know when you're ready!

Thanks for continuing Doug's great products!!!

I actually met him a couple times at his house, I will most likely get a set of those spring perches off ya soon!

Thanks,

Tom

I had the good fortune of meeting him once at his house too, even though I live in SC.

I was flying up to NJ for a job interview in his hometown, and happened to have a part that he needed at the same time. I ended up delivering it to him at his house and hanging out for a little while. Shipping was free, courteous of Exelon Energy Corp. lol :D

irs bushings

Hey guys,

I've had a few people recommend that I start a post here on the forum detailing the parts I make and sell. If you don't know, I'm the guy who bought DLF's (RIP) plans and some of his equipment (like his lathe) after he passed away last year.

I haven't been doing a whole lot of advertising or pushing this stuff, but I wanted to just let you guys know about me. lol. I can make/produce almost everything that Doug did, and better yet, I've been able to meet or break his prices. Here's a rundown of my prices as well as some pictures since we all know that a thread is worthless without them....

Delrin rear LCA bushings (Mark VIII LCA's only, for now) - $325 shipped

Delrin rear knuckle bushings - $325 shipped

UHMW rear subframe bushings - $325 shipped

Buy any 2 of the above sets for $625 shipped, or all 3 sets for $900 even.

SRB sleeves. 100% 304 stainless steel construction, TIG welded on the ends for added strength. - $135 shipped

UHMW rear spring perches - $180 shipped, includes the Prothane poly isolators. $150 shipped, without the isolators.

Stainless steel rear brake caliper relocation brackets for use with Cobra rear rotors, includes SS bolts - $80 shipped

Stainless steel steering u-joint kit - $150 shipped

As mentioned above, any items purchased together will receive a discount depending on what is ordered.

Pictures!

View attachment 61707
View attachment 61708
View attachment 61709
View attachment 61711
View attachment 61712

jay bob can you email me i would like to purchase some bushings from you

Last edited by a moderator:
jay bob can you email me i would like to purchase some bushings from you

I tried to send you a email, but there's no option to do so. Couldn't send a PM either. I think there may be a post limit. If you'd like, you can send me an email at jay.richmond (at) gmx.com

Are the Delrin bushing still available, and...

Can they be provided without the center hole? The reason I ask is I'd like to offset the center hole, but will need to develop a means of ensuring the bushing won't rotate within the upright bosses. Couldn't find any means of PM, so you may respond directly to toxandale@sbcglobal.net.

Hi,
The steering U-joint kit that you offer, is it the Flaming river part or is it something else?
thanks

Back