New to me 1994 SC 5 speed...Teal v2.0 :)

Drain valve. This little thing is pricey but awesome. Safely locks in place when shut, opens up very easily and has a 90* outlet for easy draining. I still have to get a rubber protective cap for the end.

and refill..

These are the SS bolts I used for the rad bracket. I got them from ebay.

Fixed the sunroof air deflector. Ended up replacing the broken pieces with some I bought from a member, but I also was lucky enough to land and OEM set which I'm keeping for future use.

Where did you source the sunroof air dam? I need two ...

any thoughts on a repair for the worn out springs? Good tip on Royal Blue BTW

Where did you source the sunroof air dam? I need two ...

any thoughts on a repair for the worn out springs? Good tip on Royal Blue BTW

Have you checked to make sure yours is not just sunken in the sunroof opening? In many instances people think their delector is gone, when in fact it's just sitting out of view because the springs have gone flat. I would suggest you take a look. Othern than my old 93 all my other cars still had the deflector sitting flat in the opening, out of view.

Regarding the springs. If and when they go flat...because it's just a matter of time until they do...all I do is remove them, bend them back so that they have some "spring" to them, and put them back in place. I think we're limited to this procedure given the design.

Did a coolant purge this weekend. I thought I was safe without purging, but temp gauge started showing signs of bubbles. That done, I installed a little rubber cap for my new shiny radiator drain valve.

Also cleaned up and refreshed a cardboard-like cover for under the engine bay. Used new plastic fasteners and sourced a good replacement for the original wingnuts used on our cars, even though I didn't end up using them at the end.

ivLEX9v.jpg

A quick note about those plastic fasteners. They are exactly the same ones used to secure the hydraulic clutch fluid reservoir on 5speed cars.

Back