My Dad's latest project.

TSC89

SCCoA Member
My dad enjoys his Ford "N" series tractors. Some he has restored to stock condition, others, well not so stock.

His latest project is an "N" Series tractor with a 1989 SC motor. He has fabricated a lot of custom parts himself.

Here are some pic's of the progress. It is a ever changing work in progress.

IMG_7810.jpgIMG_7911.jpgIMG_7912.jpgIMG_7935.jpgIMG_7936.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of pic's from the first trip out of the garage today.

IMG_8095.jpgIMG_8098.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8093.jpg
    IMG_8093.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
Loved talking with your dad about this, he is a crazy cool dude! This has to be about the craziest Supercoupe things I've ever seen. Totally awesome! :D

Abe,
That is awesome! Cool Dad you have there!

What class are you guys going to enter it in at the Shootout?

Jim,

Curious to see how the engine was attached to transmission. I used to be a parts manager at a Ford Tractor dealer in TX back in the late 70s and could have sworn that the 8N 4 cylinder gas engine was part of the tractor's main structure and the front axle was mounted to the block (no frame). Wondering how your dad got around that issue too ?

David

Answers for your questions.

XR7 Dave
Loved talking with your dad about this, he is a crazy cool dude! This has to be about the craziest Supercoupe things I've ever seen. Totally awesome!

Dave, My dad really enjoyed taking with you too. He really appreciated the fact that you took the time to talk with him.

BLOWN38
Thats cool! Hows the exhaust routed? Have a muffler?

The exhaust manifold on the right hand is a drivers side manifold. This was done so the exhaust pipe would clear the frame on that side. No mufflers, straight pipes. :D

CaifanSC
We need some Video!!! That tractor well deserves some sort of "SC" badging .

I am working on getting a video posted. with more pictures of the other neat thiings. We are also working on the "SC" badging.

Kurt Sunday
Abe,
That is awesome! Cool Dad you have there!

What class are you guys going to enter it in at the Shootout?

Outlaw Field Plowing :eek:

Plat0ribs
I assume he deleted the AC?

Yes, the A/C has been removed and a hydraulic pump mounted in it's place to drive future accessories.

David Neibert
Jim,

Curious to see how the engine was attached to transmission. I used to be a parts manager at a Ford Tractor dealer in TX back in the late 70s and could have sworn that the 8N 4 cylinder gas engine was part of the tractor's main structure and the front axle was mounted to the block (no frame). Wondering how your dad got around that issue too ?

David

He had a custom frame mount built like the ones that were made by Funk Manufacturing when they were building the Ford tractor flat-head V-8 conversions. These pieces incorporated the front end mount and pivot. There is a flat plate of steel on the back that is machined to match the tractor transmission and the 3.8. I will get some close up pictures of the custom frame. He also welded 2 of the hoods together to make up the extra length. The Thunderbird power steering pump also provides enough pressure to drive the hydraulic ram power steering. The latest addition is building the interface to use the cruise control as a governor while using PTO driven accessories.

Yes the ingenuity of people is just amazing,case in point right there.I would like to see that piece of art in a vid as well.

Back