Shootout Food

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
Just looking for any suggestions or comments on the lunch and banquet food for the shootout. I thought last year went very well and I was thinking of doing something very similar.

Lunch:
Burgers, dogs and salads

Banquet:
Steak
Shrimp Boil (Shrimp, potatoes, corn, sausage)
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Vegetable
Some kind of dessert

The last few years on Friday Night we've done a big pot of chili, I am thinking of changing that up....maybe chicken wings on the grill or something.

Let me know what you think.

Just looking for any suggestions or comments on the lunch and banquet food for the shootout. I thought last year went very well and I was thinking of doing something very similar.

Lunch:
Burgers, dogs and salads

Banquet:
Steak
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Vegetable
Some kind of dessert

The last few years on Friday Night we've done a big pot of chili, I am thinking of changing that up....maybe chicken wings on the grill or something.

Mouth is watering already:D

Ken

Mouth is watering already:D

Ken

Mine too. :D

You know...my wife makes some really good gourmet cupcakes (kind of a little side business)...I remember her mentioning possibly making some for the Shootout, if anyone was interested. Could be T-Bird / Cougar themed even. :) Any of the basic flavors of course...but she's also made peanut butter cup, strawberry glaze filled, toasted coconut, raspberry white chocolate, etc.

If you'd like some help with the desserts and cupcakes sound good, let me know and I will talk to her. She has easily made batches of ~100 and could do more.

Lunch:
Burgers, dogs and salads

Banquet:
Steak
Grilled Mushrooms
Grilled Vegetable
Some kind of dessert

I think I need to start lifting weights so I'm in shape to hold up my end of the Shrimp Boil Kettle this year!! :)

Ira

I like this idea...might also cut down on the cheese cubes being thrown at bats.

David

Not a wings fan...too much work for too little meat

maybe fried chicken? A lot of grocery stores offer boxes of chicken
or

maybe burgers friday and sandwiches for lunch sat?

Food Friday night is not really part of the shootout "package" it was always just a snack I put together as something extra.

Brian,

If you think you'd like us to bring cupcakes, let me know. Danielle is up for it, but usually has an order or two a week!

I forgot what flavors she was thinking about...but it was some of the good ones. :)

I vote for chicken wings and everything else the same. I gotta have my steak and skrimp boil!!

Back