Front Coil Over and Brake Conversion

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
I had the new coil over and brake setup at the track today. I didn't really mess around with making any shock adjustments, the shocks are double adjustable and I have both settings set to the middle of their ranges. Everything worked well. The new brakes are a LOT grabbier than my previous stock brakes first time I jumped on them at the end of the track I was really surprised by how hard they grabbed.

The coil overs are the kit that Bill at SCP is offering....I really like the way they interface with the shock tower and take away the point loading issues that some of the previous attempts at coil over installations suffered from. The springs are 12" 375# and I needed to crank in about 2" of preload in order to get them to sit at an acceptable ride height.

I threw the car on the scale today and it weighed in at 3170 without me in it which is down about 150# since the last time I weighed it. That weight loss takes in to account the rear end conversion and the front coil over/brake job.

That brake line looks like azz in the picture.....I've got to look again but I hope it's just the camera angle....if not I've got the change that!!!

Front Coil Over.jpg

Last edited:
Back