Please post or forward me your Marti reports

Ooooh nice! I always wondered how rare this combo was. I saw one by me back in about '98. Kinda wished I could have bought it then.

Yea, Its about time I finally got my account back after all this time... 2-3 years? I figured i'd post this as an apology as i was supposed to get this a longtime ago lol!

I find it interesting the 20 of the 1989 Super Coupes didn't come with the 3.8L supercharged engine.

Kurt,

Could it be that 20 SCs came with the early "C" 3.8L supercharged engine with a cast crankshaft? Those had a C in the VIN after the 64 versus the R. I've never seen a C vin '89 though.

Glenn

Kurt,

Could it be that 20 SCs came with the early "C" 3.8L supercharged engine with a cast crankshaft? Those had a C in the VIN after the 64 versus the R. I've never seen a C vin '89 though.

Glenn

That is an excellent thought and likely the reason. I will email Kevin when I get a chance to organize the next batch of information I can send to him.

Hey Friends,

This is something nice. I personally found super coupes 20 of the 1989 didn't come now with a supercharged engine of 3.8 L.

95 SC Auto - only 1,494

Thanks guys, keep them coming!

Pat, Kurt K, Creighton and others who may be interested:

Do not know if you have already updated production numbers for the 95 MY. After reviewing Creigton's and Jon S's, Marti Reports on this thread, it looks like the previous production numbers were way off for Automatic trans 95 SCs. SCCoA years ago showed 5,167 Auto and 574 5 Spd cars. I believe you will agree that only 1,494 Autos and 645 5 Spd were produced on the last year (1995 - "SH") Super Coupes. These updated figures jive better with the steady decrease, year over year, MY 92, 93, 94 and 95 productions numbers. 5,167 seemed unlikely and out of place for 1995 Automatics?

I have also noted over the years and comparing many 94-95 Super Coupes which may answer some questions poised here?
-- The 1995 MY cars lacked several factory options that were available on 1994 cars but no longer in 1995. Among them were: JBL Sound, CD Changer, Auto-Dim Mirror and Analog Cell Phone w/ rear glass antenna.

Also a little "Buck tag" trivia or insight from looking at dozens and dozens of buck tags from every model year: -- On the lower right corner of your SCs buck tag, you will see either K503 or K506, all preceded by one number digit - a 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4. K503 are manual transmission equipped engines (flywheel) , K506 are automatic transmission equipped engines (flex plate). The preceding digit is the model year the particular engine was manufactured. 9 = 89, 0 = 90, 1 = 91, 2 = 92, 3 = 93, 4 = 94. There is no 5 for 95. Curiously enough, no 1995 cars have a 5 before K503 or K506. They all have a 4K503 or 4K506 on the buck tag. I speculate that FORD had already decided that the Super Coupe would not be around for 1996, first year for the new ODB II Federal emissions standards, and so all the remaining manufactured engines used on 1995 cars must have been built in the Essex plant in 1994. Until someone shows me a buck tag on a 95 that starts with a 5 instead of a 4, I think I am fairly correct. All 95 car engines that I have seen so far, their engine block was cast in 94.

Enough trivia for tonight,

Glenn

I find it interesting the 20 of the 1989 Super Coupes didn't come with the 3.8L supercharged engine.

Wonder if it is a typo, if not what did the other 20 SC'c come with as an engine? Strange

Also weird how only 68 had the 225/60VR16 tires. I thought all of them came with the same size/brand tire? Weird or no?

Smitty

Great work Glenn,
Figured as much on the 95 Auto #'s. Just checked buck tags on both 95's "4". Bet you are correct. Will get a Marti on the 95 Five after bank account recovers from the recent house upgrades and tree planting spree :).
Thanks for all everyone is doing!!
Creighton

Thanks for posting this Spencer. I find it interesting that your Marti Report has a line item in the Statistics section for "With Thirty-Fifth Anniversary Package". My Marti Report did not have that listed in the Statistics section; instead, mine has a line item for "With Power Moonroof". Since both of our cars have power moonroofs, I'm a little confused.

Ok, finally got the request for Marti Deluxe in on my 95 5. Door tag and buck plate below. Will add report when it shows.
Creighton

Attachments

• Data_Decal_1.JPG
    Data_Decal_1.JPG
    677.3 KB · Views: 387
  • buck_tag_3.JPG
    buck_tag_3.JPG
    697.1 KB · Views: 380
  • Marti_95_5.pdf
    253 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Tires

Also weird how only 68 had the 225/60VR16 tires. I thought all of them came with the same size/brand tire? Weird or no?

I know mine came with the optional all season tires as opposed to summer tires so I think that's where that came from.

Back