Please post or forward me your Marti reports

Looking for my 89

New to forum. Not sure if this is the best place to post this.
Looking to see if my 89 is still out there.
It was red with grey cloth and a manual. Originally in NC.
VIN 1FAPP64R7KH197572
I still have the original Ownercard
Thanks in advance for your time

The speculation around 94/95 being identical in nearly all regards makes total sense if they were known to be "on their way out" especially given the 94/95 LX was using OBDII. Would have been too costly to update the 3.8 SC to OBDII. I don't believe there is a way aside from the tags to tell the difference between the 94 and 95 SC. Are there any visible or technical differences?

How does one get a Mart Report and Personalized stats?

How does one get a Marti Report and Personalized stats?

Just got mine

I guess mine is nothing special after all. lol

Interesting that there were 645 of these made with these engine/trans codes when there were only 574 5-speed SCs in 05. hmm. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 1FALP64R0SH192096_dlxrpt.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Marti Report.JPG
    Marti Report.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Norm,
We've noticed the different numbers for all of the years. We are not sure where the differences come from. I would think the Marti numbers are valid, but maybe the discrepancy is between publicly available and the addition of including testing vehicles. Can you (or have you) provide(d) pictures of your buck tag and door sticker to match up with the report?

Thanks,
Kurt

I did send them a pic of the tag. They requested it a couple of days before they sent me the report.

Just got one for my 90 XR7 5-speed, and it looks like this is the first one we have for an XR7. Again, it looks like the actual production numbers are slightly higher than previous records showed, since it says there were 956 90XR7 5-speeds, and I remember the previous stat being somewhere in the 800s.

Attachments

• 90XR7marti.pdf
    263.6 KB · Views: 94
ALL,

I have helped out with the Thunderbird Registry for about 15 years. I have quite a bit of stats, including a complete color break down for the 1989 year.

It would be great to join efforts in answering some of these "how many" questions. I would also like to invite you guys to register your birds at www.tbird.info.

One other thing I wanted to point out, I have talked to Marti Auto Works a couple times regarding their copy-write and exactly what it covers. The stats can only be published with the Marti Auto works logo visible, cropping out that is against their copy-write so please be careful!

My 1992 SC. A couple things i want to understand about this report. It says 71 cars for the DSO, Does this mean the amounts of cars ordered for BC? It says sold 1992, on my car fax it shows the car was first insured in 1994. Does sold mean to the dealership?
These are rare cars especially in my area.
1617425385573.png

It says 72 cars were ordered by the pacific Canada district sales office. Whether that is the only DSO that could order cars for BC, or whether all the cars ordered by that DSO were destined for BC is not specified by the report. As for carfax, I trust the Marti report more than I trust carfax, especially for information that old. It is possible that someone purchased the car and didn’t register or insure it for 2 years, but unless carfax lists the first owner as some large company or Ford themselves, I would figure that information to be wrong.

It says 72 cars were ordered by the pacific Canada district sales office. Whether that is the only DSO that could order cars for BC, or whether all the cars ordered by that DSO were destined for BC is not specified by the report. As for carfax, I trust the Marti report more than I trust carfax, especially for information that old. It is possible that someone purchased the car and didn’t register or insure it for 2 years, but unless carfax lists the first owner as some large company or Ford themselves, I would figure that information to be wrong.
Thank you very much for the information, that's what i was trying to figure out with the DSO and i couldn't find a whole bunch of info. It would be interesting to get the 71 other cars info to see where those were sold too.

Something that I just realized now was that they were both built within 6 days of each other.
The first one was ordered Mar 7th & built Mar 19th-12 days later, & on schedule.
The 2nd one was ordered Jan 18th & built Mar 13th- 57 days later & 15 days behind schedule.

I wonder why they were alowing only 12 days for first one to be built & 38 days for the 2nd one?

I think all 3 I have were bulit in mid March. Is it possible all anni's were built consecutively?

Also the vins of the these 2 above are 8,330 apart- again built 6 days apart. I realize that the sequence of vin's is for all Cougar's & Thunderbirds built in Lorain, not just the Super Coupes & XR-7's.

The difference in order date vs. Build date may be due to the fact that the 12 day unit was a retail sale ( which means sold?) & the 57 day-15 days behind unit was stock. I'm guessing that if retail means sold it would get higher priority in the build schedule. Comments?

Received the reports for my 95. Not sure why the detailed report shows less total production for the paint code than the standard report but kind of interesting.

-Tim

Attachments

• 20220204_170148.jpg
    20220204_170148.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220117-134617_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220117-134617_Drive.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 41
Back