My loss may be your gain fans and friends

Thrust89SC

I have been here a long time, and owned my 89 SC since June 90. I drove here faithfully for years, then parked the lady in the garage, rebuilt the motor after head gasket blew, then the shocks oem, then the front and back suspension. My first real performance car, that, and my degree in engineering, made my Dad proud of me. No runs, no drips, no errors.

I have to let it go now, hard to do, but wish that you all understand this thing we have with these great cars. She runs great, no leaks over the years, transmission is old, but works fine.

Pictures if you want them. I appeal to the friends of the SC. She needs a good home.

Thanks.
Sam

and details.....

1989 Thunderbird SC, Oxford White, Titanium cloth interior, 189k miles. Classic SC shown on the old Ford TV commercials.
Automatic transmission. Power window, doors, seats, auto shoulder belts.
Garage kept since 1996. Top engine rebuild for blown head gasket in 2000. Runs great since then at 100K miles.
New radiator in 2005. OEM adjustable shocks in 2007, with front and back suspension rebuild.
New aftermarket radio/cd/speakers from Crutchfield for the DIN.
Overdrive pulley on the SC 10 percent, K&N filter.
The rest is stock. Bridgestone Potenza RE940 tires in stock size. Lots of tread left.

Last edited:
This should probably be in the for sale section but I'm not a moderator so I can't move it.

Pics always help when selling a car.

I am in the Sale Section.
The end of next week. It's yours for three ounces of gold, or equivalent in silver or platinum.
Not into iridium or other.
Really

Nice room takeover progressive morons too. You did this one well.

Last edited:
It was in the non-tech forum, now it says moved. One of the moderators must have moved it.

Anyhow, good luck with the sale. It's hard to part with these cars. I've had 4 and only ever sold one. These are the best balanced all around cars I've ever driven.

Interested in seeing pics. If you were on my side of the country I know someone looking for an SC.

Last edited:
I am in the Sale Section.
The end of next week. It's yours for three ounces of gold, or equivalent in silver or platinum.
Not into iridium or other.
Really

Nice room takeover progressive morons too. You did this one well.

I moved your post because it was in the wrong forum. Other option was to delete it, but I didn't want to be that guy.

David

Thanks for the save.
Car still available for transfer and sale.
I am caught up in family affairs, so bear with me.

Please send me some pictures of this car to cgatesatmedousadotcom.

Or call me at 630-440-9150 to discuss in greater detail.

Back