1990 XR7 Back on Black Auto 81k miles near St. Louis

Oh well. Seems like we all want these cars to be worth something but then are confused when they trade for pennies. Well, we are at this point a captive market. If they're not worth anything to us they're not worth anything. I am personally a big fan of the mn12 and just brokered a deal for what sounds like an unthinkable amount around here. I'll share in due time. But it is what it is. The guy on the west coast with an excellent modded 95 tbird gets dragged over the coals - I don't get get it. This won't make me any friends here but something to think about, is mn12 fan synonymous with cheap bastard?

$600 for four wheels and a drive train is too much?!? You guys are waxing poetic about a $55k f150! God.

They'll be a classic when we let them be. End of missive.

Pay the 400 fee that goes up when the price does and the 250 plane ticket. 400 truck rental and 200 trailer rental and then add the price of the car that there is 0 idea of its condition along with the fuel to get it home. 1250 into a vehicle plus the fuel.

Feeding the wife and kids has a higher priority.

When I lived in HI a gallon of milk was $9 and it was $3.75 here. Both locations complained of the price.

I am in the middle of an engine build so free cash isn't very handy but for the right price it could be. Too many unknowns in my book on that car. I don't care what year or model it is provided it was a classic muscle car.

Sorry if I offended you individually. I obviously started the thread for local interest as evidenced by my comments.

I was addressing the collective group here as not doing itself any favors as a trend I've seen. There are exceptions but in large part people brag about securing a car for $500 and complain about not getting $6000.

This is an excellent wealth of knowledge that only a club can provide but if some day we want to say "this car is collectible" they will have to be put on the map not only at shows, but auctions. Had that been 1990 mustang gt appearing as straight as it does with 80k miles, $1200 would have been reasonable and it could be turned into something much more. But alas, it's an mn12 and not a mustang, so it will die because $1200 is better spent on food and we'll continue saying "maybe in 10 years it'll be worth something." Problem is, guys have been saying that for more than 10 years.

Sorry to offend as a newbie but calling it like I see it.

Long ways from being offended no worries there just putting in a reason for some of us to say no. Talk to my dad about grabbing it as he is only a couple hours from there. He couldn't get online and sign up for everything in time to place a bid before the auction closed.

Back