ten things I found out at this years shoot out...

Ten things I learned at the 2014 Shootout

10. Really sucks loading and unloading my car/trailer in the rain.
09. When traveling in the rain, car gets just as dirty under the hood.
08. Banquet hall PA system can't handle my music.
07. It's great spending your Birthday at the Shootout (thanks for the awesome party).
06. Flippy cup is a messy game, especially for the person across from me.
05. Praying for the rain to stop, actually does work.
04. Cars in the dyno competition can suddenly make an extra 25rwhp, if the tuner is sitting inside.
03. Kurt K is extremely lucky in the raffle prize drawings (never seen anyone win so much stuff for $60 worth of tickets)
02. Seeing how much fun Shootout newbies have, never gets old.
01. This event is really about the people, the cars are just a good excuse to get together.

David

Last edited:
10. Driving home in a down pour is like driving on ice.
9. Paying Apu at the Super 8 $12 to park under his awning is worth it. Right Kurt?
8. Kurt Sunday needs to wear underwear....:eek::rolleyes:
7. I made it this year with my CAR and won BEST PAINT.:D:D:D:D:D
6. Some of the best people you will meet of any group of car people out there.
5. Sally Arnold you still take the best pictures.
4. Spinning your alternator at 22,000 RPMs is more than the regulator can handle.
3. Rich Bruhn has 100'+ of extension cords and a battery charger that will keep you racing.
2. Running 2-12.307 exactly is fairly consistent.
1. My wife will allow me to be away on our anniversary...yeah shes pretty cool.:D

9. Paying Apu at the Super 8 $12 to park under his awning is worth it. Right Kurt?
Yep. Especially when it gives you the ability to find the slightest break in the storm to proceed through. Although I'm not sure seeing what looked like the formation of a funnel cloud counts as a break, nor learning of the damages on the evening news that was near our route.

And the rain-free bathroom break for everyone was nice (sorry the awning wasn't big enough for David and Kathy).

Top ten things I learned at to 2014 Shootout

10. 6 early style valve cover grommits will seal against oil better than 7 do.
9. Riding in Randy's car is sorta like snowboarding, one doesn't so much steer as attempt to control it from slipping out from underneath you!
8. Kurt Sunday is showing a lot more gray hair these days.
7. There must have been a lot of red SC's made.
6. Nobody knows why Jacob would swap winning raffle tickets with Randy at the last minute, except they were rooming together!
5. It is the people who make this event so much fun, but it is the SC that brought those same people together in the first place!
4. Brian Oatway and his merry band of helpers know no bounds to delivering the necessary race fuel the Shootout requires to prevent everybody from going lean and melting down their pistons.
3. Alcohol injection can permit over boosting but it is very hard on the equipment.
2. David Niebert has a future as a DJ if he loses his day job.
1. The SC Shootout is one of the top ten coolest things to do!

Back