We made it home from the 2014 Shootout

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
We fought a nasty side-wind the whole way home and then hit some very sketchy weather about 60 miles out of St Louis. We even saw what looked like the start of a funnel cloud that Chris's fancy radar app confirmed rotation. I don't think a tornado actually formed.

Anyway, the car is in the garage and the truck is empty....still a bunch to do.

We fought a nasty side-wind the whole way home and then hit some very sketchy weather about 60 miles out of St Louis. We even saw what looked like the start of a funnel cloud that Chris's fancy radar app confirmed rotation. I don't think a tornado actually formed.

Anyway, the car is in the garage and the truck is empty....still a bunch to do.

That chit was a skating rink in my SC....

glad to hear..

We are also home safe. We left very early to try to beat the rain. we had some about the last 1/2 hour in ky. but then as we crossed the river it got better till we got to the windy city. The rain pick up the more we went north and by the time we got home it was really raining.. We backed the truck & trailer inside and said it can wait... only had one issue all the way home, a wheel bearing on the trailer started to get hot so I pumped it full of grease and it made it the rest of the way home. That is why we all need to carry a heat probe to watch for this kind of stuff...Rich

Pulled into home around 3, had to stop in Florence KY to replace a trailer tire as a major bulge developed in the tread. Great way to end the weekend after confirming the bottom end is toast in the SC.......

Oatway's got in about 7:00pm last night....luckily a long uneventful ride home.

1,950 total round trip miles and a final average of 8.5mpg....220+ gallons of gas but the truck pulled the enclosed trailer just fine even up the biggest of hills.

Rolled into my drive last night just after 11:00 after a side trip to Cincinnati and then driving through the wild winds that went through Effingham, Illinois during their tornado warning.

Oatway's got in about 7:00pm last night....luckily a long uneventful ride home.

1,950 total round trip miles and a final average of 8.5mpg....220+ gallons of gas but the truck pulled the enclosed trailer just fine even up the biggest of hills.

That's an expensive trip - assuming $3.30 for gas, plus tolls and pit stops along the way - you spent a grand just to make the trip!

I managed 13.2mpg and detoured through the hills and country to goto Dan's house. Pretty happy with the 3.73 swap in my truck i'd have been 12s with the 3.42s

Haha, 17mpg loaded in the Dodge running 70mph. Win!!! Made it all the way to Clay City on one tank. 19.5mpg on the way back empty. Now if I could just make it that far without a pitstop...:rolleyes:

Back