Shootout Thank You

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
I'm going to try to thank everyone who helped or did something to help organized and run this years Shootout....I'm sure I'm going to miss people so please throw up the names I miss

Planning Committee and Spouses:
Brian & Jennifer Oatway
David & Kathy Neibert
Pat DiPersia
Chris & Rebecca Wise
James & Dawn Smith
Kurt & Jenn Kreisz
Sally Arnold
Duane & Tanya Nettles

Sponsors: These folks provide not only raffle prizes but financial support that helps keep the shootout affordable: http://sc-shootout.com/Links.php

Ira Robinson: For all your help cooking and setting up, we couldn't do it without you
Danielle Haub: Cupcakes Saturday night were GREAT
Hampton Inn Winchester KY: Our event hotel for the third year. These people bend over backwards to accommodate our group and our unique use (and abuse) of their wonderful hotel.
Backstreet Performance: Our dyno provider....another great year
Chris Gates: For keeping me sane when I discovered the gas grill we rented didn't work
Jim Sanderson: For the million things you do all weekend long
Dan Thornsberry: Grill pickup and return
Chris Homan: Trophy pickup and delivery
Sydney Oatway & Ally Taylor: Baby sitting, raffle ticket sales and all the other jobs Brian & Jen didn't feel like doing

I'm sure there are other others...........Thank you ALL

Last edited:
Crap....I thought of another person already even though I don't know his name!!!

Who donated the awesome handmade breakdown trophy??

Somebody please post up his name and a picture of the trophy....REALLY COOL STUFF!!!

Bringing all of this together is no easy task and I want to thank everyone that makes this event such a great time.

Last edited:
Crap....I thought of another person already even though I don't know his name!!!

Who donated the awesome handmade breakdown trophy??

Somebody please post up his name and a picture of the trophy....REALLY COOL STUFF!!!

I believe it was Brian Whitfield.

I would like to thank everyone who takes time out of their busy lives to come together with us this one time of the year to share in our passion for things unreasonable. A person can often think "it won't make a difference if I am there or not" but it DOES make a difference and each and every one is important. It's very easy these days to allow ourselves to become buried in our daily routines and let opportunities to share with others pass us by. Thank you to everyone who took the time out of the busy schedules to make a meeting such as the SC Shootout a success!

Last edited:
Brian,

In addition to those who are listed on the sponsor's page you linked, the following people also provided sponsorship.

Jacob Royer: Donated a variety of Reynolds aluminum products for prize raffle.
Mike Puckett: Donated a set of carbon fiber lined synchronizers for the prize raffle.
Tom & Julie Willhelm (sp?) Donated numerous bags of ice for our big drink coolers Saturday.

BIG PERSONAL THANKS to all of those who helped put on this elaborate production, especially the Planning Committee members and their spouses.

David

Thank you to everyone who put in work planning, cooking, registering, cleaning, and doing the tons of other things that had to get done to make the Shootout a success.

You forgot to thank Will Smith for bringing his scales and weighing numerous cars on Saturday.

Thanks Will!

In a spoof of Jimmy Fallon of The Tonight Show... my "Thank You Notes":

• Thank You, Mother Nature, for proving most weather forecasters wrong. :p
  • Thank You, Hampton Inn, for putting up with an eclectic group of car nuts... we won't tell if you don't. :eek:
  • Thank You, Kurt Sunday, for being parking lot Sheriff, but let's be honest... the rain helped. ;)
  • Thank You, Ira Robinson, for flying to the event and racing in a rental car... at least you brought a Ford. :D
  • Thank You, Chris Vining, for the tuning help... I think I need more. LOL
  • Thank You, Danielle?, for the BEST strawberry cupcakes... EVER! :D
  • Thank You, Moates.Net, for making a cool tee shirt. :)
  • Thank You, all of you, who donated to the 50/50 raffle drawing... thinking you were going to win. :cool:
  • Thank You, Mountain Park Dragway, for hosting the racing venue... and taking long enough to prep the track I could've took a nap if you'd only told me ahead of time. :eek:
  • Thank You, SCCoA, for choosing an old man in a Lincoln for the Best BurnOut award! :eek:
  • Thank You, ShootOut Planning Committee and ALL the volunteers for yet another memorable event... seriously. ;)

I look forward to next year. :D

Back