Engine Build......Anticipation and more parts needed

BirdofPrey97

So, David Dalke was going to be nice and build an engine for me, but it so happens all sorts of parts became available and he has offered to assemble them for me and check everything out. For a car I was ready to just park and walk away from for another several years things are coming around nicely and way more quickly then first believed.

Harvest is going on, but with still having over 100,000 acres to go there won't be anytime for taking the current engine apart and getting ready for the new one.

What is being assembled:

(SP on names)

Kevin Leitman's 10.07 short block

Ken Wagner's pre turbo(s) cam

David Clark's Steigemier Heads that just make 420hp on his AR

With the cam David is going to put 1.6 adjustable rockers on it. Sticking with the MPX II SC since the car is an SC.

Needed Parts: Radiator, ported exhaust manifolds and 2.5" down tubes.

The extremely limited budget that I had has been exhausted, so there are several parts that have come up that would be nice additions, but sticking to the plan. (Thank you Sandy (my wife)).

If anyone has any of the above listed parts let me know. There isn't any free cash at the moment, but payments or patience and the $ will be available by the end of the year. Currently working 7 days a week, so there isn't any free time to do anything. Rainy days allow for some searching.

What I will have for sale:

Heads that have 3 angle valve job done on them, but all stock rockers and valves and springs. Car made 325hp at the rear wheels with an MPII SC
ARP head studs,
80MM C&L Maf set up for 60lb injectors.
Ken Wagner Double IC

The one thing I have decided on yet is if I want to install the aluminum flywheel or stick with the stock. Pros and Cons to both, but there is a few months to decide.

Anyhow, that's the current fun with my SC. Anyone else doing winter projects a few months early?

So, David Dalke was going to be nice and build an engine for me, but it so happens all sorts of parts became available and he has offered to assemble them for me and check everything out. For a car I was ready to just park and walk away from for another several years things are coming around nicely and way more quickly then first believed.

Harvest is going on, but with still having over 100,000 acres to go there won't be anytime for taking the current engine apart and getting ready for the new one.

What is being assembled:

(SP on names)

Kevin Leitman's 10.07 short block

Ken Wagner's pre turbo(s) cam

David Clark's Steigemier Heads that just make 420hp on his AR

With the cam David is going to put 1.6 adjustable rockers on it. Sticking with the MPX II SC since the car is an SC.

Needed Parts: Radiator, ported exhaust manifolds and 2.5" down tubes.

The extremely limited budget that I had has been exhausted, so there are several parts that have come up that would be nice additions, but sticking to the plan. (Thank you Sandy (my wife)).

If anyone has any of the above listed parts let me know. There isn't any free cash at the moment, but payments or patience and the $ will be available by the end of the year. Currently working 7 days a week, so there isn't any free time to do anything. Rainy days allow for some searching.

What I will have for sale:

Heads that have 3 angle valve job done on them, but all stock rockers and valves and springs. Car made 325hp at the rear wheels with an MPII SC
ARP head studs,
80MM C&L Maf set up for 60lb injectors.
Ken Wagner Double IC

The one thing I have decided on yet is if I want to install the aluminum flywheel or stick with the stock. Pros and Cons to both, but there is a few months to decide.

Anyhow, that's the current fun with my SC. Anyone else doing winter projects a few months early?

Why the 1.6 rockers? you give up all the wonderful lift. Ported manifolds are easy. If your in town I can port a stock set quickly and save you a buck or two

Ken

Ken, that's a great ? So I went back and looked at why that was decided upon. That was when I was going to go with what Dave already had build at the time and that engine didn't have valve relief in the Pistons. The lift had to be limited to .560. Now that I am going with different Pistons 1.73 should be do able. Going to have to touch base with Dave again. The heads shipped to him today, so he should have everything by the end of the week to look at it all.

The exhaust manifolds are in Silver City if Melon can't find his set I will be in touch to get what I have ported. Either way, should get the set I have ported.

Specs for that cam with each rockers.

224 in 228 ex lift is .602/.610 112 lobe sep with 1.73 rockers
224 in 228 ex lift is .555/.556 112 lobe sep with 1.6 rockers

the heads can be ready pretty quick. Just haven't had a reason to take it apart and with every other Saturday off I can drive over and get them off.

Last edited:
What kind of price tag would be on them

Until I get the valve covers off and them pulled I would say about $200.00 plus shipping. They never missed a tick for me. Just couldn't turn down the other heads with the rebuild going on.

ARP studs that are holding them on now would be $50.00 plus shipping. If they go with the heads it will be combined shipping.

Won't be selling anything until it is torn down though and that will probably be Feb to Mar time frame.

That actually works perfect for me because of the budget at its top this year lol any porting done to them?

Hey. Sent you a PM. If the above gent above does not want the studs with the heads I'm in for them. Please LMK

Thanks

Adam

Adam,

You can have the studs. Haven't heard from Dave in awhile with SEMA and the holidays so I don't know where in the process my new engine is. Too cold to tear the old one out at this time, but everything should be done by March.

Cool, Thanks. Please let me know when you get them out, as I don't frequent the Iowa section of the site often, just found your post on a fluke search.

Adam

been wanting to work on my bird, fight the 6 g alternator swap, just going to have to buy new one i guess since guy got it from says its ok. but plan on having different gears, and like to do a rebuild on the supercharger. maybe stick it in the mill and open it up. switch to my 94 fuel tank and, get exhaust done on it. still have the 60 lb for sale? i'm thinking if i s port this should bump up the injectors.

bryce from Atlantic, Iowa

Seems this engine is next on Dave's list, so it's time and hopefully warm enough to get the old one tore down. Was hoping to pull it before tearing it down, but I don't know at this point. Up to the 40s this weekend, but someone has to watch the kids. Fun being a grown up. Parts will be coming off here pretty soon.

Back