KOER test results. Veery Interesting..

Birddog85

There was a lot going on in the Trailerhood today so I could only run two tests. But, another member thinks the engine isn't trashed. I'm inclined to believe that. But there's still something seriously off here.
Vacuum at idle is 10" and hits 20" during the test.
The first test gave me codes as follows.

And Cylinder balance.

The second test gave all the same codes but the balance test added a fail in cyl 3.

The EGR codes I expected, there isn't one.
The Brake circuit code is because a line ruptured.

I'm going to clear the codes and run 3 KOEO and 3 KOER tests tomorrow after work.
It's going to be nice this weekend so I'll do the compression tests Sat and Sun.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Taken together, those seem to indicate a half-hearted test on an engine that wasn't fully warmed up. Maybe other factors are in play as well, such as a battery supply below spec and compromised grounds.

Be sure the car is completely warmed up next time and when it expects you to goose it, put your foot in it.

Once you have actionable codes, work the first one first and then retest to see if others clear because of it.

Taken together, those seem to indicate a half-hearted test on an engine that wasn't fully warmed up. Maybe other factors are in play as well, such as a battery supply below spec and compromised grounds.

Be sure the car is completely warmed up next time and when it expects you to goose it, put your foot in it.

Once you have actionable codes, work the first one first and then retest to see if others clear because of it.

You may be right on the half hearted attempt. Take Two tomorrow.

Tried once more today. The laser thermometer read 197* and she sat overnight with the battery disconnected.
I'm getting codes 41, 33, 72, 73, 25 and 74.

The missfire is present at any RPM.
The balance test now tells me cylinders 1, 2, 3, and 6..
A carbbed 5.0 swap is really looking good right now.

72 & 73 say you're not opening the throttle during testing. 25 says you didn't hit the brake pedal or that system is out to lunch...any issues you know of with it?

If you did really hit the throttle, maybe 72,73 & 41 and the cylinder balance test may mean one or more of your converters is plugged...badly. Warm the car up and hit the gas two or three times and then laser thermo test them...they should be around 200º~300º and equal.

Last edited:
Thanks and Sorry..

Thanks for the input on this thread.
Sorry for starting this one though. I should have kept it in my original post..

The engine?
She's dead, Jim.

Before she goes into temporary storage I'll send in a scan of the Buck and Monroney.

Back