Clutch problem / hydraulic system trouble ?

aroot1

SCCoA Member
Trying to help out a buddy. Just finished replacing a bad motor in an F150 4.2 5spd. As the clutch/trans are near to identical to ours, I'm hoping someone has seen this trouble and can help out. The clutch/flywheel were low to moderate miles and worked fine b4 swap and were mated to this same trans, everything worked. He felt that doing a new clutch slave, TO bearing and master was the right thing to do while it was out. Now the hyd system won't build pressure. What I mean by that is, there is never any resistance in pedal. After bleeding it 6-8 times, it has no air in the fluid being bleed out, moves plenty of fluid, but never develops ANY pedal at all. This is all new parts except the line. There are NO leaks. What are we missing? Is there a pressure relief bypass somewhere in the system? Wondering if the clutch could b frozen (rusted) to the flywheel and it releases pressure b4 it breaks loose (truck did sit outside 4 a while during the swap)?

Thanks

Adam

Trying to help out a buddy. Just finished replacing a bad motor in an F150 4.2 5spd. As the clutch/trans are near to identical to ours, I'm hoping someone has seen this trouble and can help out. The clutch/flywheel were low to moderate miles and worked fine b4 swap and were mated to this same trans, everything worked. He felt that doing a new clutch slave, TO bearing and master was the right thing to do while it was out. Now the hyd system won't build pressure. What I mean by that is, there is never any resistance in pedal. After bleeding it 6-8 times, it has no air in the fluid being bleed out, moves plenty of fluid, but never develops ANY pedal at all. This is all new parts except the line. There are NO leaks. What are we missing? Is there a pressure relief bypass somewhere in the system? Wondering if the clutch could b frozen (rusted) to the flywheel and it releases pressure b4 it breaks loose (truck did sit outside 4 a while during the swap)?

Thanks

Adam

Hoping you didn't install a DOA slave!

That would suck a lot!:mad:

Back