Winter upgrades for 2015 Stage 1 complete!!

davec73

SCCoA Member
Well every year it seems as though I have a list to check off of upgrades I want to perform on my car for the coming year. Here is what Ive got done so far and what I plan to do.
1. Upgrade cylinder heads and locate boost leak Complete!

2. Mark 8 interior upgrade Started

3. Nitrous Install with bottle heater, pressure switch and purge. All but the relay and pressure switch wired for 75 shot

4. Complete custom stereo install upgrade. Parts ordered

I completed the first task today and got the engine put back together. The new cylinder heads flow 228 intake 190 exhaust which is a bit better than the heads that where on the car. It finally made over 400 hp but I feel it is capable of more. I also located the source of the boost leak that was holding boost on the car at just at 19 psi with the autorotor. It appears as though this leak has been there for a while but I don't know exactly how long. I plan to drive the car tomorrow and Tuesday if the weather permits.

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 496
  • complete.jpg
    complete.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 494
  • boost leak.jpg
    boost leak.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 495
You must be competing with me for the "took his car apart most times" awards being handed out next year at the shootout! Lol

Do you think that boost leak may have been there back when the MPX was on the car? That would explain why it never performed up to what everyone was expecting.

Do you think that boost leak may have been there back when the MPX was on the car? That would explain why it never performed up to what everyone was expecting.
Its very possible that it was. The wierd thing about this coupler is it is one of the original couplers that came with the intercooler and i havnt even looked at it since the day it was mounted up. I didnt notice or think to look at it until i saw a puddle of oil under it on the trailer after race day at the shootout. The first time i took the car to Dalkes to tune it with the AR, you could lay my mpx dyno sheet and AR dyno sheet over one another and they looked nearly identical even though i changed the cam and blower and was running less od the car pushed the same amount of boost, it was wierd.

You must be competing with me for the "took his car apart most times" awards being handed out next year at the shootout! Lol
Jacob we have no doubt had our problems lol. This time i took it apart because i wanted too instead of out of necessity though.

Aside from getting two plug wires reversed at first lol The car runs flawlessly at idle it is quiet smooth and returns to idle at evry blip of the throttle!

Drove the car today and it has 20 + psi of boost and runs better than it ever has, so good it actually kind of scared me a little bit. I had to pull the blower back off this morning to fix a leak in the fuel rail and re torque the intake bolts after I heat cycled it and sure enough they were loose again lol. Long story short after swapping the cylinder heads and fixing all of the boost leaks its a new car and ive never had a car with this much power its a pretty nice payoff for the time ive put into it.

Glad to hear it! With all the work and time and money you have put into that car, at least you finally got everything sorted out!

Glad to hear it! With all the work and time and money you have put into that car, at least you finally got everything sorted out!
Its a damn beast it broke the tires loose at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear the rear tires started to to slide out to the right and i had to get out of it lol.

Its a damn beast it broke the tires loose at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear the rear tires started to to slide out to the right and i had to get out of it lol.

Everyone told you that would happen. Now get used to driving through it! ;)

Ira

Everyone told you that would happen. Now get used to driving through it! ;)

Ira

I will Ira, today is the first time I have driven it since the shootout and I left the race gas and tune in it. This is the first time I have driven it on the steet with that tune in it and holy crap is all I can say!

Back