And Then there Were 3, Part 2

TSC89

SCCoA Member
Well since the blue 93 shell went to Kentucky with Jeff Bratton I had room for another number 3.
I had been looking at this 90 Titanium automatic with light blue cloth interior ever since the first time I went to Dave Blackwood's house 3 years ago.
I picked it up from Dave's estate after being parked for at least 3 years with 119k.
I checked it over, installed a new battery, put in fresh fuel & oil, it fired up and ran like a clock.
It has a few issues with the factory security system, the auto seat belts and window motor bushings but it is a solid rust free car.

I guess I just can't kick this addiction, lol.

Attachments

• T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,067
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 1,009
Last edited:
Pretty - looks like it needs hinge pins/bushings on the driver's door?

I can see where Dave had installed a new lower hinge and it looks like he was still adjusting it.
It also has aftermarket body side molding on the drivers side that is installed at an angle making it look out of whack.
The plastic bushing on latch pin is gone too so I will replace that before finishing the adjustment.

Last edited:
Not too shabby, my friend. One of these days, you'll come home with an XR7 ;)

Any plans for this one? How's the interior on it?

Not too shabby, my friend. One of these days, you'll come home with an XR7 ;)

Any plans for this one? How's the interior on it?

Maybe so, lol.

No real plans, a few small mods to help run better, swapping out the after market body side molding on the drivers side for factory pieces or complete removal and some appearance mods.
The interior is Crystal Blue cloth and it needs a really good cleaning. Only bad thing on the interior is a couple of dash cracks.

yes I have seen the car first hand. very impressive but this one is staying stock. so when we go to local meets we have a before and after. his and mine

Looks good Jim. I need to get up to kc and run some of the stuff that was in the 35ths trunk back.

Dave really had an eye for quality examples, this one isnt any different.

Also, check rock auto, they've got the window motor gear assemblies for like $6 each.

Spent some time working on #3 for the past few days.
New front pads and rotors, rear caliper relocation kit with new rotors and pads, new fuel filter, 76mm MAF, 75mm Throttle body, Ken Wagner Double IC, 94 supercharger with an MP plenum, Primo billet bleeder cap, new plugs and wires, new valve cover gaskets, Cobra R's with Fuzion 255/50R17's and a Design Concepts Mach 1 hood.

I still have to adjust the hood stops and latch and install new headlights, turn signals, strut rod bushings, a rear pinion seal and a BHJ balancer.
I have a cold air intake tube on the way and I still need to find a stock size aluminum crankshaft pulley.
Yeah, the engine bay is dirty and needs to be cleaned too.

Attachments

• T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 946
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 946
  • T5.jpg
    T5.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:
Looks like a Cervini's hood. Looking good though.

Design Concepts was part of Cervini. From what I have read the two companies are run from the same building. They both sell the same products and well the only difference between the two is Cervini does more finish work to their hoods and the lower grade of workmanship are sold under Design Concepts and the hood hinge bolt holes are not drilled. You can even see where the Cervini name has been sanded off.

Nice addition to your SC family Jim!!!!

Thanks again for the sweet Calendars:)

Happy New Years bud!

nice car!

Design Concepts was part of Cervini. From what I have read the two companies are run from the same building. They both sell the same products and well the only difference between the two is Cervini does more finish work to their hoods and the lower grade of workmanship are sold under Design Concepts and the hood hinge bolt holes are not drilled. You can even see where the Cervini name has been sanded off.

Where can the design concepts hood be ordered from?

Nice looking car man, same color as mine :)

Where can the design concepts hood be ordered from?

Nice looking car man, same color as mine :)

I don't know if the Design Concepts part of Cervini is in business any more. This hood was in a friends garage for at least the last 3 years.

I see the Burns & McDonnell parking sticker there, I work at the same place. Didn't know Dave personally, but good job on rescuing the car to keep it going!

Got some more work done.
Tracked the security system problem down to the module in the trunk.
Removed the chime assembly to repair it.
Did some more work to get the hood to fit better as well as adjusting the hood stops and latch.
The new front strut rod bushings are installed. I also installed cleaner original headlights and new turn signals.
I spent a few hours pulling the lower hinge on the drivers door and redoing the previous hinge pin replacement and then realigned the door.

I also removed the factory subwoofer and started testing the factory stereo wiring trying to find out why the radio powers up but there is no sound.

Also getting ready to replace the front spindle assemblies to the late model version and upgrade the front brakes.

Great job bringing it back to life!

Question for you Abe:

"Removed the chime assembly to repair it."

What's wrong with it and how do you repair it? My chime works, but I can hardly hear it.

Thanks Brother!

Back