And Then there Were 3, Part 2

Great job bringing it back to life!

Question for you Abe:

"Removed the chime assembly to repair it."

What's wrong with it and how do you repair it? My chime works, but I can hardly hear it.

Thanks Brother!

The chime in this car also works but I can hardly hear it.
I have taken it apart and found a couple of things. If I get it working I'll fix one for you.

Progress today.
The chime is fixed.
Installed a push button VMM.
Installed a JL Audio subwoofer in the factory sub box.
Tested and found the other problem with the JBL system and now I am buying the parts to fix it.

Picked up some Lincoln Mark VIII spindles and a pair of PBR front brake calipers & brackets last week.
Getting ready to buy the strut rod to lower control arm bushings and I will install all of this at once.
The strut rod to frame bushings have already been replaced so one less thing to buy.

Took this car back over to the shop with the lift last week.
Since then I have removed the early style exhaust and fuel tank.
Replaced the leaking pinion seal.
Installed a Walbro 255 fuel pump in a new sending unit then installed the assembly in a Gen II style fuel tank.

The fun just never ends!:D

I finally found and ordered some NOS Ford strut rod to lower control bushings last night.
Today I installed the Gen II fuel tank and then started removing the exhaust from the blue 90 to install on this car.

You better watch it or you'll end up with 2 major project cars... Oh wait I forgot Jason's, make that 3 major project cars lol.

You better watch it or you'll end up with 2 major project cars... Oh wait I forgot Jason's, make that 3 major project cars lol.

Yep, the silver car has kind of taken over on my projects but at least it is almost done.
Looking forward to taking it to the Street Car Takeover Kick-Off Party in Blue Springs in April.

I can at least walk away from Jason's!

Looking forward to taking it to the Street Car Takeover Kick-Off Party in Blue Springs in April.

Gabrielle and I dropped by that one last year for a little while. She had something going on later that night and I went back. A ton of cars come to this thing. Maybe she'll get to bring the truck.

After finding an antifreeze drip on the floor and the power steering pump empty I started tearing down the front of the engine.
Found the front seal leaking on the power steering pump and found at least one antifreeze leak at the thermostat housing.
I have a short list of other things I am going to fix while I have it all apart. I am still planning on having it road worthy again by the show in April.

The fun continues..............

And the saga continues.....
Well it wasn't road worthy for the show. After replacing the power steering pump the pressure hose decided to split.
I took everything apart a second time and removed the split hose. I decided while I was in there this time to go ahead and check the motor mounts. Good thing I did as I found both of them to be the original Ford mounts and both were split wide open. I now believe the motor mounts were the reason Dave (Stilwell SC) had stopped driving it before he passed. I read all the "it is a pain" posts and but it just took a couple of evenings and I did it outside on the gravel. I started reassembling everything tonight.

You look too much for stuff. I drive them with one eye closed and go until they break.

Yeah, but I have learned the hard way on a few things with these cars so if I am already in there, I am looking. :D

The car has been back together for a couple of weeks, runs and drives as Matt says.

Next up is some work on the bumper covers and then some paint.

Before Duane says it, yes, only a year to update this post.

I finished the body work on the drivers door and I will be replacing the front bumper cover since it has a lot of damage underneath.

Today I pulled off the Cobra R's and replaced them with some different wheels and new tires.

Attachments

• IMG_3703-1.jpg
    IMG_3703-1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Back