"Private topics"

Tweety Bird

How come the topics at the beginning of the site are listed as "private" ?

I am registered, and acknowledged as a member up on logging in.

What did I miss??

How come the topics at the beginning of the site are listed as "private" ?

I am registered, and acknowledged as a member up on logging in.

What did I miss??
A registered member and a paying member are two different things. There are other perks of paying membership listed somewhere, but I believe they include signatures and increased PM size for starters.

its the forums way of wanting you to pay to see what all your missing, merely curiosity

I have a similar deal on EFIDynoTuning, Premium members get their own private tune progress thread, they can keep track of all their logs and tunes to see what all it took to get it dialed in, as well as what all was seen in the log and what tune changes it took to get it right, they also have access to the tune repository, its a large collection of hundreds of completed tunes on a vast majority of engines and vehicles Ive tuned over the years, everything from bone stock modified tunes to 1,000+hp engines they can download the ACTUAL tune and compare it to the stock tune to see every single change that was made and why it was made along with how it effected the engine, they can download the actual logs from the tuning steps and see exactly how and what the datalog looked like, what to look for, etc.. u know all that good stuff

its the forums way of wanting you to pay to see what all your missing, merely curiosity

I have a similar deal on EFIDynoTuning, Premium members get their own private tune progress thread, they can keep track of all their logs and tunes to see what all it took to get it dialed in, as well as what all was seen in the log and what tune changes it took to get it right, they also have access to the tune repository, its a large collection of hundreds of completed tunes on a vast majority of engines and vehicles Ive tuned over the years, everything from bone stock modified tunes to 1,000+hp engines they can download the ACTUAL tune and compare it to the stock tune to see every single change that was made and why it was made along with how it effected the engine, they can download the actual logs from the tuning steps and see exactly how and what the datalog looked like, what to look for, etc.. u know all that good stuff

In case people don't read the whole post above, the examples above are NOT on SCCoA.

See this thread for info on how to become a SCCoA Member for $15 a year.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?120821-Membership-is-now-OPEN!&p=946358#post946358

Benefits of paid membership:

You can ad an avatar (photo) to your board ID.
You can add a signature that can also include a photo that shows up beneath all your post.
You will not see the Google banner ads at the bottom of the pages.
You will receive a member discount from some vendors and club sponsored events.
You will be eligible to receive free SCCoA window stickers.
You have access to member only forums, which includes the Lounge for discussing non-car related topics.
You have the ability to upload more images (500 MB vs. 50 MB for non-members).
You have the ability to store more private messages (500 PMs vs 70 PMs for non-members).
You can create a Garage page for several cars to list your modifications and upload numerous photos for hosting, which includes adding your timeslips and dyno charts to the Garage lists.
You will be one of the people who is helping to keep this club alive by helping to pay for the cost of hosting this website on a dedicated server, and the cost of sponsoring important club related events.

David

Not really...the private forums are a result of a merge between SCCoA and TBSCEC. Part of the agreement between the two clubs was that the forums brought over to SCCoA from TBSCEC would be restricted to dues paying members. See this post for more detailed info on the merger.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?27163-SCCoA-TBSCEC-Merger-Document&highlight=TBSCEC+merge

David

Last edited:
Back