New Ford GT 600 Horse Power Mid Engine....Oh and its a V6!

^ Agreed, the motor is proven itself in the rolex series I was told, so the ground work and platform has been proven. BUTTTT 600 ponies is pretty weak if you ask me. I think they should have let that flat crank v8 in the gt350 get some time under its belt and then tossed some turbos on it for the GT. It would sound sick, make gobs of power, and have a nice curve.

Apparently the V6 is required for Ford to be able participate in certain racing series.

Maybe they'll wait a year or two and come out with a supercharged flat-plane V8 version.

^ Agreed, the motor is proven itself in the rolex series I was told, so the ground work and platform has been proven. BUTTTT 600 ponies is pretty weak if you ask me. I think they should have let that flat crank v8 in the gt350 get some time under its belt and then tossed some turbos on it for the GT. It would sound sick, make gobs of power, and have a nice curve.

Maybe that's the plan for the GT500. I know the new 5.0 was designed to easily adapt to direct injection, and that will be key to making big power on pump gas.

David

Has a lot of the same feel of this 3.5L turbo V6. It made 540HP and ran 213 mph back in 1992.

Jaguar_XJ220_Front_JagMENA.jpg

I think its total badass. They claim it will have the best power to weight ratio of any production car as well. And there was mention about it being built to race at Lemans...Which would be AWSOME..thats why v6

I think it depends what regular production vehicle means. But well see. I think its a cool looking car as far as exotics are concerned. Lets see how it performs

I think it depends what regular production vehicle means. But well see. I think its a cool looking car as far as exotics are concerned. Lets see how it performs

I think it looks way cooler than the previous GT. Just don't think 600 HP is going to be enough to give it Super Car status.

David

Great looking car, nice setup, but I just can't get behind a six-cylinder in a Ford GT. It just feels sacrilegious.

with 600 +on the power??

Great looking car, nice setup, but I just can't get behind a six-cylinder in a Ford GT. It just feels sacrilegious.
I think with 600+ on the hp scale and with the light weight of this car you would be happy with it... But not to worry, with a price tag of over $350,000 I don't think you will be buying one any time soon....Now I will have to sell my old one and maybe get one of these.....Rich

I was just saying how much it was, but I guess you took ofence to it....Rich

Naw. I mean, who would take offense to being told he would never be able to afford a $350k+ car from someone boasting of purchasing one for himself? :rolleyes:

But not to worry, with a price tag of over $350,000 I don't think you will be buying one any time soon....Now I will have to sell my old one and maybe get one of these.....Rich

engine is junk considering a bone stock 5.0 coyote makes 380rwhp with multi port injection and 480rwhp with direct injection, throw 9lbs of boost on it and you have 720 rwhp and it would sound a hell of a lot better too

if thats how you feel

Naw. I mean, who would take offense to being told he would never be able to afford a $350k+ car from someone boasting of purchasing one for himself? :rolleyes:

Well then just go out and buy one to prove me wrong.. I stated a fact, these cars are going to be not cheap. I think if you can go out and buy one then be my guest, but I don't think this is going to happen.
Now if you want to think that it is out of my range, then that is your choice.. I know what is and is not in my price range so no worries here....Rich

Back