Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want your voice heard about where to host the SC Shootout?

Want your voice heard about where to host the SC Shootout?

We want to hear from you (At least, if you would be attending the shootout!) regarding where to host the SC Shootout.

We've setup a quick two question survey (Three, if you optionally answer the last question asking what changes you would make to the shootout.) We basically want to know your zip code and how far you'd travel for the shootout. This survey will take you less than 30 seconds to complete.

So IF you would be attending the Shootout, please complete the survey. We'll keep it open for a few weeks to give people a chance to complete. Once we have some good data, we plan to look it over and see if a change in venue really would be beneficial. Please only complete the survey once. Thanks.

SC Shootout Survey
    Last edited by David Neibert; 04-17-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Done

Speak up folks. Every few years the shootout committee has gone through this effort in order be sure the location and venues are meeting everyone's expectations.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

Don't change a thing.

I really like the current location because they accommodate us so well. If I were to choose another location I would like to see it back in the stl area. My opinion on a choice of location is kind of biased because I really like the Kentucky location. I think the guys and gals that have been to several of the different locations would have an overall better opinion of what location is better than the other.
    Last edited by davec73; 01-14-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    MEMBER #2488 best rwhp 504 485 torque
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

We can't afford to rent Gateway, so I don't see how STL will be possible.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

I was under the impression there was another 1/4 mile track that was used for the first shootout.
    MEMBER #2488 best rwhp 504 485 torque
    2016 shootout Best of show award
    2015 Carlisle Best of show modified, 1st place 92 93 SC and Celebrity's choice award winner.
    2014 Shootout Best of show 1st award winner
    2014 Comp cams VIP Car craft street machine nationals
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p...e_view&id=7152

NE Ohio!

We have a huge place with on-site dyno facilities and full mechanical shop for anyone who needs anything. We have a HUGE paved parking lot where burnouts are not only allowed but encouraged. No neighbors to aggravate.

Plenty of room for the car show, covered pavilion for lunch and other activities in case of rain. No curfew.

Plenty of parking for all trucks and trailers.

Banquet facilities are local, but not on site. Catering is not a problem.

Hotels are close (about 5 minutes). Hotels do not have banquet facilities though.

Track is also close - about 15-20 minutes. Track has PAVED pit area. Top quality launch pad, good track with ample shutdown. Well maintained and professional.

Easy access, right off Rt I-90. Quiet area.

My 02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by davec73 View Post
    I was under the impression there was another 1/4 mile track that was used for the first shootout.
    MAR closed and was torn down back in 2005.

Dayton was nice, KY is nicer (can't beat the hotel arrangements) but it's gotten harder to make what was once a doable one day trip now that it's a good two day trip. Anything under 600 miles or so would be nice for a change, although I realize that barely gets me into Ohio.

I say leave it like it is. I think attendance would drop moving it myself. Most the people that complain about the location
    never attend imo...having the car show hotel and dyno all in the same location is great! Loading and unloading the car and towing it across town is not apealing. The facilities we have now have worked great for 3 years! Not to mention the weather has always been tolerable in ky.
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    307rwhp 12.70@107.2 (MPX)
    395rwhp Whipple 11.741@117.5mph

Come on, where is everyone? I received 16 responses so far - 13 the first day, three the second and none today so far.

Well, here's the map so far. I took everyone's zip code and put a circle around it based on the distance they'd be willing to drive. We're at 88% of people are willing to drive to Clay City for the meet (Clay City is marked with the blue pin.) One person is on the edge (And I included them in the 88%) and two people are just too far.

The general comments we received were helpful - most were "Leave it as it is." I know there was a lot of talk in years past about different locations and different things to try. I'm still looking for survey responses, so please fill it out. We're not done yet.

Name:  Map.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  268.9 KB

Cool

Wow, I'm a thousand miles from Bermuda,
    I change my vote, let's go exotic and go there.

we can always come here to milwaukee wi...

We can always come to here. I do the mid west bash and that has worked out for us. Track time is cheap and so is the dyno and hotels... Just got to throw it out there and keep in mind this years mid west bash... The cook out at my house was a great time as was the bonfire in my back yard... This is a great location and it is close for me....lol.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Locate

What about something that would be a bit more central to the group in large? Say - Oklahoma, Kansas.
    Anything more than a days drive takes away the fun- especially if you plan to trailer it in.

We actually had the Shootout in OKC one time. Attendance from the southern contingent was dismal. We even went so far as to ask for deposits that year and a bunch of people just forfeited their deposits and didn't show so basically it meant all the people from the north had to drive that much further for no real purpose. I always wanted to see two Shootout events, one north and one south, but unfortunately we didn't seem to have the #'s to support that. Who knows, maybe we could???
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.