Official 2015 carlisle thread!!!!!!

XxSlowpokexX

Guys/Gals,

This is the offiial Carlisle thread which I will posting all official information on. I welcome any comments or reccomendations for any new or current events.

REGISTRATION (June 5th-7th)

When registering, use "Super Coupe Club of America" for your club affiliation - do NOT abbreviate to SCCoA. Each year we get a certain number of cars, Carlisle provides us a free tent to shelter us from weather, so don't forget to register under "Super Coupe Club of America." The EARLIER YOU REGISTER THE BETTER!!!!! Please post when you register :O)

More info here -

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Also the more people that pre-register the more field space we get which is VERY VERY IMPORTANT! June 5th Friday to June 7th Sunday

TSHIRTS-(TIM G)

I believe Tim will be providing Tshirts this year. If I happen to come up with a custom idea as in the past Ill do something as well

Below is a list for people that let me know they have preregistered. Pleas also indicate if you want a tshirt, how many and what size. This will be for Tims Tshirts. Once designed I will post photos

The List

1) xxslowpokexx (1 XXL)

Hotel (Ken S)

Last few years we booked the Park Inn . Its a bit further than hotel Carlisle but MUCH better and has many other clubs saying there as well. We liked it and we have booked it again. Ken managed to talk to them and here are the details

http://www.parkinn.com/hotel-harrisburgwestpa/

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?133891-2015-Carlisle-Hotel

Here is the pricing (little more expensive than last year)

Thursday 06/04/15 $102.00+taxes
Friday-Saturday 06/05/15- 06/06/15 $131.00+taxes

There is a 2 night minimum for the weekend.
20 rooms are blocked. The blocked rooms will be held until 05/07/15, after that they are released first come first serve basis. SO RESERVE NOW!

Now for those that dont want to spend that much there is the Super 8 North which is closer to the fairgrounds. Not an ideal place as the party will be at the Pike Inn. But we need that alternative. See below.

1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-7000

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ce_nostay=true

CRUISE - Friday (Dave W)

The details are not in and last years cruise was a wash out. But DAVE will be putting together a cruise(RIGHT DAVE????). Should we leave directly from the fairgrounds or meet up at a specific time at the hotel..or??? Anyway details will be posted as this comes together. Its a good time. Carlisle Parade? HA we make our own parade!

GO KARTS Saturday 11pm - (Damon B)

For over 10 years we have been doing an organized go-kart event. The past few years it has been broken down into two events. The 11pm event…the 12pm event. For the sake of prosperity the 11pm event is only to be discussed! (We may do another hour...details to be posted)

Generally 10 cars are available although that can change. We rent the track for an hour. And that changes yearly. Individual pricing depends on what they charge. Pricing has been 350, 450, 550 (see a pattern). But guaranteed it will be the best money spent at Carlisle besides the show itself!

Due to a perhaps increase in people wanting to Kart we will be breaking times to 30 min or an hour if time allows. I generally do 30 min and give someone else a chance as there are only 10 cars. We will start the first 10 off with 60 min and give up 30 as needed.

Those interested in this event (will update)

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?135306-2015-Carlisle-GO-KARTS

Exact pricing will be added when I book the track.

Dinner Saturday 7:30 pm (VOLUNTEER????).

We are doing 7:30 pm so we dont have to leave the fairgrounds early and miss all the end of day events! WHO WANTS TO TAK ECARE OF THIS??? A HEAD COUNT WILL BE PUT TOGETHER SATURDAY!!!! Unsure who will be doing it. We have been doing Olive Garden and they have the space for us. Any other ideas? POST EM!

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?135322-2015-Carlisle-Saturday-night-dinner

Trophies/Plaques (Damon B)

We went all out with trophies for a few years, then plaques....This year I will be doing two trophies. One for Best of Show Stock the other Best of Show Modified. We will also have the good sportsman award once again (a plaque)....We all know what that is right>?

Now over the past few years we have lost both old and current outstanding members of the SC community. In light of these losses the best of Show Modified trophy will be given in honor of Tim Keiss. Most everyone knows Tim and although he sold his SC he was a true bird and a true part of the family. We all miss him and this year the award will be in his Honor. That leaves the Best of show stock. If anyone has an idea who this award can be dedicated to please let me know

Vendors Donations for raffle (?????????):

In the past we have donated by means of raffle items that have been donated by vendors. ANYONE THAT CAN HELP WITH THIS PLEASE DO SO!!!!...LET ME KNOW WHO AND WHAT IS DONATED AND I WILL LIST THEM HERE..They deserve to be listed!! So help ok????

BBQ (SCCOA PAT D)-Saturday Sunday at the fairgrond

This gets better and better every year. The SCCOA now helps out with this..YEEAHHHH. But also we need everyone's help. SO PLEASE HELP OUT!!!! I will list below if anyone wants to bring grills, food or whatnot please let me know and I will add you below and what you will be bringing. THE SCCOA WILL NOT BE PROVIDING BEER!!!!! SO keep that in mind!

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thats it for now....

THANKS!

Damon

Ill fill in all of the details like I usually do!

Last edited:
I am registered, room reserved, willl go on cruise, Medium T-Shirt 1 ea, going to dinner, go carts 1 hr, I still have plastic utensils left over from past years/ BBQ utensils too, will bring paper plates too. I will also supply some AMSOIL stuff for Door prizes.

Last edited:
I'm registered to attend and have also made the hotel reservations. My wife Kathy is attending too, and we will be going with the group to dinner Saturday evening, and doing the go-karts.

David

I preregistered during the holiday sale in December so that is out of the way.

Me and my Jersey clan are always interested in the go-karts and would like 30min each x 4 as we have been doing in the past. That number of 4 may grow though as others have expressed interest in the event.

I'm sure I can be of some assistance somewhere; let me know what you need Damon.

My room is booked, I just registered with Carlisle, I'm in for the cruise and dinner, I'll pass on the go carts (old guy can't stay up late!) 1 XL t-shirt please! :)

Joe

40 plus days to go for the start of Carlisle. There has been no updates on this post since March 15th? Carlisle time will be here before we know it. :eek:

Last edited:
I'll be there this year in Building G. I will be getting there Thursday afternoon. I might cruise, but it will be in my beater F250. Still planning on going to dinner on Saturday night and hopefully with Jenn....we are still trying to work out the sitter arrangements.

Ah, Tanya has been asking me whether or not the kids were going.
Our kids do okay with the Shootout because there are other things to do, but I don't think they are ready to be stuck at the show field for the entire day--I know I'm not ready for them to be stuck there all day.

Well it's official, I cannot attend. Was holding out hope that we would be able to, especially since everyone else seems to be going this year but there is family business that weekend that I must attend to and there is no way around it. Kind of sucks, but I guess I will just have to wait for the stories and the pictures.

Ira

We'll miss ya Ira. Tell the family I said hi.

I registered today and can bring some chips or other sides to the cookout.

I'm in for the cruise and dinner. I hope to bring my family this year ... we'll see ...

Rob finished replacing the fuel pump and Chung is picking the car up this week for paint touch up. She'll be ready to roll come June!

See you guys soon!

Back