Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaust Pipes

I'm going to wait also. The late manifold down tubes were the pieces I was looking for in above post. It will b a while b4 I need them as well, so waiting is OK for me timing wise.

Thanks

Adam

I'm not in any particular hurry...just didn't want to miss a group buy...I can wait

Quite frankly, I'd have been surprised if you folks got much of a deal from Josh for a group buy -- I would support his statement that his pricing is about as low as it can get.

Last year I decided to build my own exhaust system for my 5.0 tbird (same exhaust position as the 3.8/3.8SC) lemons car. I priced out buying the necessary bends both locally and as bends from shops like summit racing. After I found the mandrelexhaustsystems site, I dropped them an email outlining what I needed. Josh beat that pricing pretty handily for the exact bits that I needed including the little things like multiple sets of flanges so I could pull the exhaust off the car at the race in case I needed to swap engines (I've actually done this and it's a lot easier than trying to drop a ~15' long single piece exhaust) + hangers + bolts + o2 bungs.

My system is pretty goofy (it's a lemons car) but still fairly performance oriented: 2.5" downpipes to a Y-pipe + 3" piping out to the rear. One cherrybomb (plus a 3" flowmaster 40 b/c even for a racecar just having one cherrybomb was too loud) plus two 90 degree bends to dump the exhaust out right where the license plate used to be. I explained to Josh what I needed and after he stopped laughing, he sent me a quote. The pricing was quite favorable -- even after factoring in shipping out to California.

If you folks are considering a new exhaust and accept the fact that some welding will need to be done (just pay your local muffler shop or do it yourself -- I did in a few hours one night and I'm by no means an expert welder), I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the phone or drop an email to Josh outlining what you want. His service was great and his pricing IMO was more than fair. BTW, I do recall the downpipes being pretty affordable so any group buy savings may just be shaving pennies.

Regards,
    -g

^^^ I agree. The price listed is more than worth it and by no means even feels high priced like some other items im interested in. But it never hurts to try and save a few bucks if you can. I'll be ordering the angled muffler kit when it's ready
    1990 Thunderbird SC AOD

How would the group buy materialize? We would all place our orders and get a group discount, and then we send our credit card info to them on the purchase?

I'd agree with some others here in that the pricing is pretty good as it is. I'm in Canada and our dollar has been the lowest it's been for quite some time, but even with the shipping, duty and exchange rate, the tubing would save a ton of labour time for an exhaust shop (on top of which, no one is quite certain that the bends are going to be of good quality at an exhaust shop) that would likely save me money, overall. I'm just happy that anyone carries exhaust tubing at all for these cars!

what does the sku # apply to

Basically what model its like model number i think 252 is late model 272 is early model

I am in! I will be wanting a full system to build. 95 SC auto. I need it from front to back, question is will there be a O2 bung & mid length hanger/rods? I am wanting to run a sizable magnaflow resonator. It looks like this is just a kit to get started with lots welding to do.
    "Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."

Major General Ferdinand Foch, 1911

Any updates on this? Looking for the whole thing from the collectors to the bumper.....

I ordered my set on the 5th and they will be here tomorrow. $340 shipped for the downpipes to the rear of the car. I just have to install and order my mufflers.

I take it there is no group buy or code then?