2015 Carlisle - Saturday night dinner - CONFIRMED WITH OLIVE GARDEN

Pat DiPersia

SCCoA Admin
For several years now, we have been hitting the Olive Garden near Carlisle. They have always been a gracious host and have given us their back/private room. The last few years we've filled it and spilled out in to the regular dining area.

I have a feeling this isn't going to work this year. I'd like to start looking in to alternatives, but I'm going to need a rough head count.

Please reply to this thread if you will be attending the Official SCCoA Carlisle Dinner on Saturday night (No, SCCoA isn't paying for dinner, sorry.) Please let me know how many will be attending as well. Thanks.

Im there. There are several places local however they get booked fast. Real fast. So this head count is perhaps more imperative then usual if we think there will be a greater number of people.

ALSO. Keep in mind the TCCOA guys generally join in with us as well.

I see directly acrossed from the Park Inn (google maps view granted) is TGI Friday's/Outback/Carrabba's/Quaker Steak & Lube...I wonder if any of those are able to accommodate...would certainly make it nice to be close to the hotel.

-Tim

TO those that ask. READ THE OFFICIAL THREAD! We do a BBQ at the car show Saturday. I've attended the shootout and you need to understand this is a completely different animal. The show field literally has thousands of cars and many different clubs. You cant roast a pig but we can do a BBQ or even bring some catered food or trays if you like.

People bring grills, food, beverages and what have you. The club chips in some cash to help out and we all bring a little something. If you feel you'd like to help out with that please please please! Let me know what youd like to bring and Ill add to the list. Grills are always a good thing!!!! Food can be bought!

Hey Pat

Please put me down for at least one plus myself, might be 2 friends coming along.

thanks,

Ed

Well... When I did it I called the gardens manager a few weeks in advance and let them know my estimate on how many were coming. We need at least 40 people to reserve the room. Then I went crazy trying to fill the room. During slow times I padded our numbers with other clubs. Many clubs have tried to take our room. To date we always kept it because they remember the Wife and I and we always promised to be there the next year...

We always had to leave the show a few hours early to drink at the bar and hold the spot. Oh the HORROR!!! :eek:

By my count, we're at 28 people. I'm sure more will join in as they probably don't read the forums but will be at Carlisle.

Last year we were over the limit for the room, and they wouldn't allow anyone else in due to fire regs. Would be nice if we filled the room again, but would hate to have people we can't accommodate.

My only other thought is to find a new venue a little bit outside of Carlisle (Do a cruise to it maybe) that would be able to better accommodate us. However, most would want a firm head count and/or deposit. I found a few local fire halls that have large banquet rooms, but then we'd have to handle catering it. Not sure we want to go down that road. . .

Back