Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Carlisle - Saturday night dinner - CONFIRMED WITH OLIVE GARDEN

Count me in also Pat!

Joe
    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Well... When I did it I called the gardens manager a few weeks in advance and let them know my estimate on how many were coming. We need at least 40 people to reserve the room. Then I went crazy trying to fill the room. During slow times I padded our numbers with other clubs. Many clubs have tried to take our room. To date we always kept it because they remember the Wife and I and we always promised to be there the next year...

We always had to leave the show a few hours early to drink at the bar and hold the spot. Oh the HORROR!!!

Carlisle PA

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Seegers View Post
    I will be there probably with my two boys.
    Me and Wifey will be there ! Is there an update on Olive Garden or other?

Dinner

My wife and I plan to attend the dinner wherever it may be.

Thanks,
    Randall
    '90 35th Anniversary 5spd 53k
    '95 SC 5spd 65k

By my count, we're at 28 people. I'm sure more will join in as they probably don't read the forums but will be at Carlisle.

Last year we were over the limit for the room, and they wouldn't allow anyone else in due to fire regs. Would be nice if we filled the room again, but would hate to have people we can't accommodate.

My only other thought is to find a new venue a little bit outside of Carlisle (Do a cruise to it maybe) that would be able to better accommodate us. However, most would want a firm head count and/or deposit. I found a few local fire halls that have large banquet rooms, but then we'd have to handle catering it. Not sure we want to go down that road. . .

Pat.... Count Liz and I to be at saturdays dinner.

Chris C.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat DiPersia View Post
    By my count, we're at 28 people. I'm sure more will join in as they probably don't read the forums but will be at Carlisle.

Last year we were over the limit for the room, and they wouldn't allow anyone else in due to fire regs. Would be nice if we filled the room again, but would hate to have people we can't accommodate.

My only other thought is to find a new venue a little bit outside of Carlisle (Do a cruise to it maybe) that would be able to better accommodate us. However, most would want a firm head count and/or deposit. I found a few local fire halls that have large banquet rooms, but then we'd have to handle catering it. Not sure we want to go down that road. . .
    If I recall it's been the last 2 years we have been over capacity in the room (it's usually most or all of my group sitting outside the room LOL).

I don't really see an way for you to get an accurate head count on this dinner since there always seems to be a lot of people who don't frequent the board. I'm open to other venues but I also have no problems with the Olive Garden as they have been good to us. Do you remember what their maximum capacity is in that back room?
    -Bryan-1990 SC 5 speed, 155K - [email protected]
    1998 Mark VIII LSC, 107K - [email protected]
    1989 Probe GT 2.2T 5 speed, 91K
    2013 Fusion SE 1.6T 6 speed, 78K
    2003 Taurus SEL 24V, 221K
    2008 Honda VFR800 V4 VTEC, 8k

Quote Originally Posted by SCTBIRD1173 View Post
    If I recall it's been the last 2 years we have been over capacity in the room (it's usually most or all of my group sitting outside the room LOL).

I don't really see an way for you to get an accurate head count on this dinner since there always seems to be a lot of people who don't frequent the board. I'm open to other venues but I also have no problems with the Olive Garden as they have been good to us. Do you remember what their maximum capacity is in that back room?
    Get there on time. lol I wanna say the cap is 40 about 4 rows of ten people. Eh well maybe 50 or 60 the tables are kinda long. Whats there about 15 people per row at 4 rows?
    ~Chris
    SCCoA Member #1826
    Bettie Riding jack stands
    SCARlit on drag duty now

Quote Originally Posted by Pat DiPersia View Post

Pat wife and I are in din din where ever we are finally eating, just in case i didnt already mention this ?

I would like a couple SCCOA stickers please? Also two-three SCCOA tshirts? Xtra large!

Bryan i know how to spell your name now! LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWN38 View Post
    Get there on time. lol I wanna say the cap is 40 about 4 rows of ten people. Eh well maybe 50 or 60 the tables are kinda long. Whats there about 15 people per row at 4 rows?
    LOL yeah well the Stang guys I have to wait on are slow... I tell them every year to hurry the F up!

Quote Originally Posted by George95PearlSC View Post
    Bryan i know how to spell your name now! LMFAO
    You better!
    -Bryan-1990 SC 5 speed, 155K - [email protected]
    1998 Mark VIII LSC, 107K - [email protected]
    1989 Probe GT 2.2T 5 speed, 91K
    2013 Fusion SE 1.6T 6 speed, 78K
    2003 Taurus SEL 24V, 221K
    2008 Honda VFR800 V4 VTEC, 8k

LOL yeah well the Stang guys I have to wait on are slow... I tell them every year to hurry the F up!

You better!
    LOL cant wait to see you all !!!!

Pat,

Rebeca and I are in for the dinner!

Chris
    Resident Pilot
    1990 35th SC

Karen and I are planning to come.

dinner

My brother Sam and I will be in for dinner. I am coming in from Columbia, SC.