New Truck!

They just called to tell me it was ready to pickup. Initially they scared the hell out of me because they said "we replaced 5 coils trying to figure out the miss fire (one i had brand new because of a crack and showed them which ones was a new coil) Anyway they said since they are already in and you had all this trouble we feel better to just send it back with all new ones" so i am thinking crap i bet i eat the cost of this! and they said they submited them to ESP and since i have premium plus it was a covered repair! I have to run some errands and then i will pick the truck up and see if it is fixed. I am fairly confident that it is because they verified that is was miss firing (unlike the dealership i bought it from).

They just called to tell me it was ready to pickup. Initially they scared the hell out of me because they said "we replaced 5 coils trying to figure out the miss fire (one i had brand new because of a crack and showed them which ones was a new coil) Anyway they said since they are already in and you had all this trouble we feel better to just send it back with all new ones" so i am thinking crap i bet i eat the cost of this! and they said they submited them to ESP and since i have premium plus it was a covered repair! I have to run some errands and then i will pick the truck up and see if it is fixed. I am fairly confident that it is because they verified that is was miss firing (unlike the dealership i bought it from).

So they replaced coils first, then found the problem was actually from a bad connector on a boost sensor, but they decided to leave the coils on the motor since you weren't paying for them ??

David

So they replaced coils first, then found the problem was actually from a bad connector on a boost sensor, but they decided to leave the coils on the motor since you weren't paying for them ??

David

the 5 coil packs they replaced in attempt to diagnose the problem because of random cyl missfire detected when they had a computer hooked to it. I guess if you have Ford ESP Premium it will actually cover the Coils. I got the impression that it did NOT cover them! when i took it to the original dealer they pointed out a crack in the top of one of the coils and said "that is not hurting anything and the warranty does not cover coils" When its all said and done the boost sensor apparently was the cause of all the problems. I have drove it 200 miles without a missfire and it pulls hills much easier than it did and my average MPG is sitting on 22mpg so far!

Misfires seem to be a big problem with these engines. On my forum, I see a compliant every single day. Lately I've seen a few complaints on the 5.0s.

Fortunately I have never had a misfire in my. Ive blown a motor but never one misfire.lol

Back