New Truck!

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member

Test drove the 2012 EcoBoost and had to have it! its an XLT with the max tow package locking rear diff 4x4 76k miles so far i absolutely LOVE it cant wait to tow something the power is amazing

Nice!

You will love it. My dad has a 2013 Ecoboost...blue with silver on the bottom. First mod you'll wanna do is a grill in front of the intercooler :)

These things tow like a champ...I know that because my SC came home behind his truck :)

Have fun with it! It looks sharp!

Nice Eco, on my second one and love it. Traded my 2012 in on a all Tuxedo Black 2014 XLT loaded, with the 302A package, 20" wheels, HID headlights, leather seats with front buckets and center console, and tailgate step.

Also added the UPR dual valve catch can, but have Ford rubber floor mats, wheel well liners, and mudflaps. The factory remote start is super easy to install just have to go have it activated yet.

FYI to all that put grills in front of the intercooler IT COULD VOID YOUR WARRANTY, it is stated in the manual.

The grill voiding the warranty is out the window since ford puts them on the trucks now. We have to tun run them as the gravel will take the IC out w/o one.

Nice Eco, on my second one and love it. Traded my 2012 in on a all Tuxedo Black 2014 XLT loaded, with the 302A package, 20" wheels, HID headlights, leather seats with front buckets and center console, and tailgate step.

Also added the UPR dual valve catch can, but have Ford rubber floor mats, wheel well liners, and mudflaps. The factory remote start is super easy to install just have to go have it activated yet.

FYI to all that put grills in front of the intercooler IT COULD VOID YOUR WARRANTY, it is stated in the manual.

Remote start??? Do tell more!

My '14 has that in it and was not a special order nor is it listed on the window sticker or as additional feature in Ford model breakdowns. A full length bar or open grill is still a warranty issue, other then what they installed from the factory.

Just what ever you do don't mod it!!

My motor blew in my 13 F150 EcoBoost back in Dec and Ford denied the warranty. It costs 13k to replace the motor.

I hate to tell you guys this, but these engines are blowing all over the place, and not just modded Ecos. More stock have blown than any modded ones.
I just want you guys to be aware. I'm an Admin on one of the biggests F150 EcoBoosts forums, and they are dropping like flys.

A friend of mine is a Ford master tech, and told me Ford sent out a bulletin saying that "If they see anything aftermarket, or something nonfactory, stop what you are doing. Warranty is VOID!." That includes wheels and tires guys.
They took pictures of my wheels and tires.

How 90% of these things are blowing, is the engine is direct injected, so the injector under WOT is at 2400psi of pressure. Well they are failing and getting stuck open. Flooding the cylinder and hydrolocking.

I know you guys love these trucks as I did mine, but they have some major issues.

Heres a guy that lost 4 motors in so many months.

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/first-time-my-eco-blew-up-208912/

Just what ever you do don't mod it!!

My motor blew in my 13 F150 EcoBoost back in Dec and Ford denied the warranty. It costs 13k to replace the motor.

I hate to tell you guys this, but these engines are blowing all over the place, and not just modded Ecos. More stock have blown than any modded ones.
I just want you guys to be aware. I'm an Admin on one of the biggests F150 EcoBoosts forums, and they are dropping like flys.

A friend of mine is a Ford master tech, and told me Ford sent out a bulletin saying that "If they see anything aftermarket, or something nonfactory, stop what you are doing. Warranty is VOID!." That includes wheels and tires guys.
They took pictures of my wheels and tires.

How 90% of these things are blowing, is the engine is direct injected, so the injector under WOT is at 2400psi of pressure. Well they are failing and getting stuck open. Flooding the cylinder and hydrolocking.

I know you guys love these trucks as I did mine, but they have some major issues.

Heres a guy that lost 4 motors in so many months.

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/first-time-my-eco-blew-up-208912/

Wasn't your truck modded to over 550 rwhp ? We have been using the F-150 ecoboost trucks in our company fleet since 2011 and haven't had any issues on numerous trucks that are daily driven and traded in at about 130K miles.

David

Back