1993 Teal 5 Speed SC with Half/Half Gray ALSO have parts car and tons on parts

smms25

Price Drop: $3,250 OBO for it all!

It's time to unload my SCs and parts.

Below is a list of what I have, which includes 2 cars and a ton of parts. Asking $4200 OBO for everything.

1. 1993 SC
a. Teal 5 speed, roughly 130k miles (odometer stopped at 126,790)
b. Rarely driven the 7-8 years I have owned car
c. Clean title and never wrecked
d. Options:
i. Sunroof
ii. Gray half/half tweed interior
e. Modifications:
i. Cold air intake
ii. Spec stage 2 clutch
iii. Spec steel flywheel
f. Other info:
i. New Webasto sunroof seal as of 2012 (has been garaged since)
ii. Have original engine block - previous owner said it spun a rod bearing
iii. Has low mileage balancer (28k)
iv. Heads were redone back in 2008 by a machine shop in Griffin, GA (I’ve put roughly 3-4k miles on it since then)
v. Transmission shifts great, no grinding
vi. No rear end noise
vii. Honestly, a good running car that could be great for someone willing to give it some TLC
g. Needs:
i. Starter (can be jumped off) and runs fine afterward, but once it heats up if you shut it off, the starter will not get it going again
ii. Interior TLC (have replacements for most all the needs - such as glovebox, console top, steering wheel, etc.) but do not have dash (cracked on driver side) or carpet
iii. Windshield has crack on passenger side
iv. Paint - there is a quarter size rust spot on the pillar behind driver side door and the hood/front bumper has chips from rocks; there is no other rust on the car; small ding in driver side door and the rear bumper has the usual tabs broken; other than the body is in good shape

2. 1990 SC
a. White 5 speed, over 100k miles - I’m not sure how many miles it actually has on it right now - probably used as nothing more than a parts car
b. I have the title from the original owner, but never intended to fix the car or drive it, so it is in her name and has not had insurance for many years
c. Options:
i. Sunroof
ii. Blue leather
iii. All the options that 90 SCs came with I believe
d. Modifications:
i. None
e. Other info:
i. This car is in rough shape
ii. Does roll
iii. Have original motor (which has been pulled, but turned over before it was pulled)
iv. 5 speed and rear end are still in the car
f. Needs:
i. To be parted out
3. Parts I have:
a. Radiator BNIB
b. Radiator fan BNIB
c. Intercooler fan (8")
d. Original airbox (replacement for cold air intake)

f. Black Headliner, perfect black dash, sunroof with frame and slide
g. Many 93 SC gray interior parts (glovebox, console top, steering wheel, power seat cover (I may have both sides but don’t remember), seat belts and some others)
h. 93 XR7 interior quarter panel trim in black
i. 91 white trunk lid
j. Air ride control computer
k. DIS module
l. IRCM (not sure which year)
m. Magnaflow resonator
n. Universival catalytic converters (2)
o. Dynomax mufflers (2)
p. Complete exhaust system w/ passenger side downtube for 92-95 gas tank
q. A/C compressor
r. Early model engine wiring harnesses complete
s. Black sunroof glass with slide
t. Some JBL audio parts
u. Corner taillight 91
v. 93 XR7 front headlamp panel (no cracks, but dirty)
w. Complete set of engine wiring harnesses (I think off a 92 SC)
y. Used radiator fan w/ shroud in good condition
z. Any other parts I find would go as well

The driver side is where the quarter sized ding is in the door (it hasn't damaged the paint). That is also the side where there is about a quarter-half dollar sized surface rust spot. You can see clearly in the pictures that the clearcoat on the top of the trunk lid, roof and hood are shot. The rest of the paint looks really quite good after a washing (which this thing needs badly!). You can also see the carpet stains. I have never gotten it shampoo'd but I can imagine that would really clean up the front seats and the carpet. The back seat is in nice shape and the seams at the top are in good shape.

I am thinking that I would not want to sell just the teal one. I would need to either sell:
• Everything I have... teal car, white car and all parts ---- PREFERRED! (save me from the SC virus)
• All parts and the white car (minus the gray interior parts I would need for the teal one)
• Or sell the parts separate from the white car (again, keeping the gray stuff for my teal bird)
If you went with all the parts and white car, $1800.

Of course, OBO. Contact info: smms25@aol.com or 478-960-8505. The cars are located in 31016 (Culloden, GA) about 30 miles west of Macon. Feel free to call or email, I will do my best to answer your questions.

Attachments

• 1993_Teal_BackSeat.jpg
    1993_Teal_BackSeat.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,115
  • 1993_Teal_FrontBumper.jpg
    1993_Teal_FrontBumper.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 2,107
  • 1993_Teal_FrontInterior.jpg
    1993_Teal_FrontInterior.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,118
  • 1993_Teal_Odometer.jpg
    1993_Teal_Odometer.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 2,121
  • 1993_Teal_PassengerSide.jpg
    1993_Teal_PassengerSide.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 2,142
Last edited:
Picture of the rear bumper.

The teal one runs fine, but you'll have to jump it off. Had a new battery put in, but I think the starter is going. Once the car warms up, the starter will not get it going again.

When I had the heads done, I put in a new cam and crank sensor as well. I will try to add as much info as possible as I remember!

Attachments

• 1993_Teal_RearBumper.jpg
    1993_Teal_RearBumper.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 2,099
I heard a comedian joke one time that glitter is the herpes of craft supplies....i feel like super coupes are the same. Good luck with the sale.

I heard a comedian joke one time that glitter is the herpes of craft supplies....i feel like super coupes are the same. Good luck with the sale.

Sounds about right. I hate to get rid of this teal one, but I know someone out there will be interested in this rare bird. Hopefully someone with a lot more time and desire to get it where it needs to be.

Other parts I had forgotten about:

• Complete engine wiring harness (92 I believe)
    Driver and passenger side caliper (rusty, but could probably be used for a core or something)

Also have BNIB rear window upper seal (the strip that always seems to break down on these cars)

bump for rare bird with lots of parts... needs a little love and would be sweet for someone who's into these cars.

Also have BNIB rear window upper seal (the strip that always seems to break down on these cars)

When you say upper seal, do you mean the black exterior trim piece that runs across the top of the back window? If so, I would be interested. If that is indeed what you are talking about, how much would you want for it including shipping to 62040?

Thanks,

Tony

What is the part number on the Magnaflow resonator? Could you post a picture or two or ten?:D

Right now the car & parts stay down at my parents place near Macon. I'd really like to sell everything together at this point.

Back