blower overdrive

ganuolfthegrey

I have a 95 true s-port blower with mp plenum.
also have big valve heads and ported
50 pound injectors
double ic and meth
my question is this
my goal is to get to a repeatable 12.5 runs
after the engine is back in I have a few tweaks to be made on the tune. THANKS TO XR7 DAVE AND MOST OFF ALL. DR.FISH FOR HELPING ME FIX THE NOT DATA LOG ISSUE AT THE SHOOTOUT.

10%
15%
20%
what boost level does each one make roughly?
if you have no belt slip
what is safe for the blower it's self
while the motor is out being fixed
was thinking about going a little bigger
SO FAR WITH BAD HG'S AND RINGS NOT SEATED BLOWING THE DIPSTICK OUT ON THE DYNO. IT'S MADE 257HP AND 292. THROUGH A 2,800 NON LOCKUP
current weight of mine is 3,740 with out me. this was on a cat scale.

Last edited:
15% is where the blowers limit is at which is 18,000 rpm

15% o/d on my 91 titanium which is closest to your setup, stock bottom end 3.8 with 95 s-port and ported big valve heads makes right at 276rwhp and about 13lbs of boost, it makes 11lbs with a stock pulley, all through a 4r70w w/ 3k-ish stall non lockup, no MP plenum on mine either, I'd like one just to see the gains but im not willing to pay the price, unless someone has one for sale at a reasonable price

yes I have a mp plenum. I got mine long time ago for 300 bucks used. it made a big difference. mine has a built bottom end. the reason I am redoing is because the local shop here did very bad work on building it.
was curious if 20% would be to much. have no idea what it makes know. the dyno here has no way to log it. with 10% around town I hit 14 maybe 15.

The mods listed in your signature are very similar to the mods I had at last years shootout - I had terrible belt slip on the dyno time, for the shorter SC belt I had broke on the way to the shootout...on the dyno I put down 276hp 330tq (if mem serves me) with a clocked tensioner and the OE length belt... If I am reading your dyno charts correctly - I certainly think you should be able to make more power than 250hp.

I was running 15% OD on a home job S Port and MP Plenum when I made those numbers....

Good luck sorting it out - sounds like you should have more power than whats being made.

-Tim

hey Tim, you making the EXACT same power my 91 is !!!

except i have a stock plenum and an untouched 94-95 blower :confused:

is the mp plenum really work the upgrade?

hey Tim, you making the EXACT same power my 91 is !!!

except i have a stock plenum and an untouched 94-95 blower :confused:

is the mp plenum really work the upgrade?

The numbers my car put down were limited due to the extreme belt slip and also tuning issues, so in all honesty the car should have made more power than showed up on the dyno. This was also the main point of my post and not to take away from the OP's questions.

If I were to post my dyno chart it looks like a rough sea instead of a smooth curve because of the converter locking and unlocking and then the belt slipping during the pulls... I beleive the MP Plenum is worth every penny and has been tested to show improved HP #'s

-Tim

thanks for the input guys. I hoping once I get the motor fixed ie the rings and gaskets. the last bit of final tweaking. I would think 300hp would be attainable.
we had the stop with the tuning when issues dave brought to my attention. the fact the rings never seated and the headgaskets where leaking due to bad head torque.

On a motor like his the MP plenum is typically worth 15rwhp. But you have to need the plenum before it does anything for you. On a stock motor an S-port with 10% OD will make plenty of boost. On a motor like this most likely 15% is better but the S-port doesn't like being spun faster than that unless you really start to limit rpm which is backwards thinking.

By looking at the dyno chart you can see the car had major issues so the power numbers mean absolutely nothing at this point. The S-port has been proven to support 300rwhp on an auto but that's about it so I'd not expect any more. Should be good for a high 12, but not consistent 12.50's.

thanks dave for the info. I would be happy even with high 12's. just out of curiosity what would it take for a 12.5 run?
I would think a better cam? I don't know the size of the valves. but I will ask them when they check everything. i was told the guy based the porting off of the 03 cobra ports. with the cam i have i don't know if more porting would help. http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=837&sb=2 here is my cam. I am trying to learn as much as I can. I really don't see any future blower changes because of my money.
from threads I have researched. the mpx dosent seem to be worth the money over a s-port.

Last edited:
Ha, funny I just installed that exact same cam in a car here. Results were terrible. I am yanking it out and putting in my own grind next week. I'll have before and after dyno for you.

You can't drive and don't say never. I will throw a bottle at it just to beat you.
plus my best lights have been. .501 and .002 on 2 different trees. I have the slips to prove it. I had witness on the .501
come at me bro

Last edited:
plus there is a free kit in blue springs mo. that is brand new and on a 95 that I can help my self.
the owner will never no it's gone. his car dose not going any where.
it's always on the trailer.

You can't drive and don't say never. I will throw a bottle at it just to beat you.
plus mi best lights have been. .501 and .002 on 2 different trees. I have the slips to prove it. I had witness on the .501
come at me bro

Ive cut several .001s and I have made 2 identical ET passes back to back! You will never put the power to the pavement on street tires anyway lol

Back