Mustang vs sc?

The et calculators don't work for all cars because cars like the SC make way more torque than a normal engine. They base the et on the assumption of a typical motor that make close to a balance of HP and torque. A 300 HP SC typically makes 370ish torque. My SC is probably around 3900 with the tools I carry in it.

The et calculators don't work for all cars because cars like the SC make way more torque than a normal engine. They base the et on the assumption of a typical motor that make close to a balance of HP and torque. A 300 HP SC typically makes 370ish torque. .

For sure. Plus, the torque peak being as crazy low in the rpms as it is, it throws things out of whack a little bit. Most powerplants have a more balanced power spectrum.

Torque does work, horsepower wins races. What are the OP's mods and what are the mustang mods?

both cars are bone stock. my first modifications will be CAI, IC fan, headers and those shiny lightweight pulleys. for now its getting the car to run cooler and free up the engine's parasitic drag.

There are no times posted with race weights.

If you're talking about the weights from the Shootout, we weighed the cars in the parking lot the day before the drag race. Not everyone who weighed their cars raced. Many who weighed their cars made significant changes before racing (installing new wheels, etc). Some (like me) didn't run on drag tires. So if people who weighed their cars wanted to list their ETs, they could, but the data wouldn't mean all that much.

so did you already know this or just go out and weigh it?

meh...im sure there is something posted out there...i know that mercutio/will is more of a road course time attack guy than drag racing though.

We weighed his car back in the day,(2000) when he had his car and would race it every week after school. He would post mid 14s. My son prolly weighed 130 lbs., so the car was 3950. We believe that the car made around 240 rwhp. I seen curb weight listed for an 06 mustang gt between 35-3700 lbs. This is from car and driver. Like I said earlier, the calculator was just for grins, some of the better ones can be very close to real world numbers. They do not however allow for weather or tire slippage. Also turbo chargers will skew the numbers.

both cars are bone stock. my first modifications will be CAI, IC fan, headers and those shiny lightweight pulleys. for now its getting the car to run cooler and free up the engine's parasitic drag.
I would skip the headers and just drop your exhaust off of the stock exhaust manifolds and port the collectors out. The stock manifolds flow really well once you grind off the "hump" in the collector. I believe the 94-95 passenger side flows better than early models though. This will save you a few hundred dollars on something that will gain very little performance.

In race trim right around 3800# and with me driving about 4050#.

David

I'm 170 lbs....a fairly lighter guy. Forget about removing rear seats and air conditioning and spare tire and whatnot, i'm surprised that some guys haven't gone to Jenny Craig in search of better ET's. :D

mine is 3740 with out me in it. car weighed stock around 4,000.
sc's built right will have no problem with the stang. know anything with a 5.0 meaning 2011 or newer is another story.

mine is 3740 with out me in it. car weighed stock around 4,000.
sc's built right will have no problem with the stang. know anything with a 5.0 meaning 2011 or newer is another story.

Agreed on the newer 5.0's. The V6's got upped to 305 hp in 2011, but the only signifiers (externally, that I know of) is that the V6 had got dual exhaust, because I believe that the taillights had changed with the same body style in 2013/2014. 2010 with single exhaust is the 4.0 engine, I believe, which was a carryover year like the 94-95 5.0's were in the SN95 design before the 4.6 came along.

That's a good way to know the competition.....any newer 3.7 Mustang with a dual exhaust (the quickest way to tell the guaranteed 305 hp years, if the 2010 doesn't have an aftermarket dual, that is) is going to be tough to beat, too.

Last edited:
I'm 170 lbs....a fairly lighter guy. Forget about removing rear seats and air conditioning and spare tire and whatnot, i'm surprised that some guys haven't gone to Jenny Craig in search of better ET's. :D

I'm working on it :eek:

I quit smoking in early January and have been dieting and exercising to lose weight and be more healthy. It's a slow and difficult process, but I'm sticking with it.

David

I'm working on it :eek:

I quit smoking in early January and have been dieting and exercising to lose weight and be more healthy. It's a slow and difficult process, but I'm sticking with it.

David

Go to a diabetic diet.watch the carbs. 60 grams of a carb three meals and two 15 gram snacks. I am diabetic and know this will work, but to be safe consult your doctor David.it is similar to an Atkins diet.

Back